Monday, January 26, 2009

Mojo Monday and Taylored Expressions sketches...3 down, 6 to go!

Sorry for the late post, but I've been a busy little bee! (and my friend D came over to chat and catch up).
Yesterday I had trouble putting together cards I liked, so I sat down today after work to give it another shot. Tonya put it best the other day, stating she lost her mojo, but found it and made an awesome cardvelope. So I'm stealing her term and saying I think I found my mojo tonight.

I made some more Valentines day cards for the local hair salon where I sell my cards and thought Taylor's Challenge #52- a set of 9 sketches will be a good way to start. So here are the first 3 out of 9 sketches (no, I didn't do all 9 tonight, and might not complete all 9, but I'll give it a shot)

Here's Ana's sketch and my version: I'm still not too sure about this one, but I decided to move on to another sketch.



















Here's Vicki's sketch:
And my version: I struggled with this one. It's sometimes hard for me to match patterned papers, so I scrapped it all and used ribbon instead :)














Next up is Jackie's sketch
And my version:

This one, I had to adapt a little, because I didn't want it to be too crowded so I left out the bottom layer of a different piece as pictured in the sketch. I am loving the MFT stamp set though, I can't wait to use the rest of them. The only thing that bothered me about this card was the Bazzil Feather Boa (pink) cardstock. It's got an awesome shimmer to it, but when I folded it to make the base of the card, the shimmer coating seemed to break away from the card stock. I hated the way it looked, so unfinished at the top, so I folded it the other way- which means the shimmery part is now the inside of the card. Oh well, live and learn.







I also made some Classroom valentines, 24 of them to be exact (4 of each of the designs pictured below)!














And my final Valentine is a special one, it's time consuming, but the final product is awesome! This one I'm sending to my parent's neighbor for her to use this Valentine's day, which is her favourite holiday. Here's the outside, and then you open the window for a surprise! I used a heart from my Hero Arts set, and then used my glue pen and my MS glitter (love that glue pen!)



















I see so many possibilities for this card, I have to sketch them on paper so I don't forget, but you'll be seeing some different versions of this one, I promise you!

Ciao for now,
S.

4 comments:

Wow, you've been busy! Love all of the cards :)

Makes me want to be your valentine!
Love them all!

Hey~ great cards!!! Is that a punch for the scallopy/dotty red cs on Vicki's sketch? It's super cool!

Wow, you've been busy! Love all of the cards :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog