Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday Show and Tell

I would like to share with you my favourite card to make at the moment. I discovered a tutorial on SCS when I was looking for a design for my friend's wedding invitations. We settled on the double pocket diagonal card and it's now my favourite card to make! Part of it is because it highlights designer paper really well. I've also been trying to branch out from my traditional black and white motif. I was in a forum in Etsy, and a fellow Etsian commented she loved my cards, but offered some colour combos for me to try, and I took her advice and I'm very happy with the combos.

Here's my first card, using some Chatterbox DP I picked up at Michaels. I used MFT Boho Blossoms and used my glue pad (how I love the glue pad) and sprinkled some glitter (how I love glitter). I used Stampin UP! Birthday Whimsy for the sentiment. I got this set for my birthday after drooling over it for nearly a year, and I need to learn to use it more. I like the balance of the more detailed outside, and the simple tags on the inside. I added a brown ribbon tied in a knot to keep it simple.

I felt like making another pocket card, so I went to my big pad of Me and My Big Ideas DP...to a piece of paper I've been eyeing since I bought the paper in December. I knew it was perfect for the pocket card, and although it has black and white, it has a splash of green, so it still counts! Since the pockets aren't as wide as the whole card, this is a great way to use up some scraps. I think the inside tag could also double as a bookmark. I added some little bling I had in my stash. I used my GinaK Designs set for both sentiments, and inked it up in SU Certainly Celery.


I'll be busy today making some more Twilight bookmarks for my Etsy store, and these cards will be added there as well.

I also wanted to tell you about a new band I saw last night on David Letterman. The Gaslight Anthem is my new favourite band. I got their CD this morning and I've been listening to it all day. Every song is incredible. Here's their myspace page and you can listen to their latest CD "The '59 Sound". I was looking at their tour dates and they'll be here in London in March, playing at a small bar. I must get tickets to their show.

Do you have anything for show and tell?

Ciao for now,
S.

2 comments:

AWESOME!! I love the color combos! And the designs! UNIQUE! Love them!

AWESOME!! I love the color combos! And the designs! UNIQUE! Love them!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog