Tuesday, January 13, 2009

TTIC # 14- Play ball!

Tuesday's mean Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge. I love challenges because they force me to think outside of my normal routine, layouts, etc. I had sat out a few challenges because of the holidays, and last week's had me stumped. I vowed, last night, whatever the challenge, I was in. So I checked the TT.com for today's challenge: Baseball. Inspired by the Baseball scene in the Twilight movie. Great. Baseball. I have no baseball stamps. What am I going to do????

I then remembered I borrowed a stamp set from my friend last year to make a Father's Day card, a dog playing baseball!! I also remembered I had stamped the image and sentiment 3 times on a random sheet of paper so I could use the image later on, without having to borrow the stamp again. Sometimes, I'm so smart. :)

I found the scrap, and...well, sometimes a card makes itself. Everything fell into place and I'm very happy how this came out. So here it is:I knew I had some grass like patterned paper in my stash, and while searching I found some cloud paper (both paper is from Michaels). Perfect! I watercoloured the dog with SU's Creamy Caramel, and Close to Cocoa. The pants are SU Bordering Blue and Brocade blue. At first I wasn't too thrilled about the watercolouring, it's not the greatest paper, but I like the way it dried, the pants look like faded jeans. I used MS Ruby red marker for the hat, and a Tombo marker for the cleats. I'm also really happy about the grass paper, and the tearing to add dimension. I've seen this effect on so many cards, but the tearing of the paper just never looked right when I tried it. Somehow today it all worked out. I used dimensionals and mounting tape to add more dimension, you can see it detailed here:The baseball was the perfect size for my tiny Fiskars circle punch, which was the perfect size for the dimensional dot. Sometimes it just all falls into place.

Thanks for looking!!
Come play along with the challenge, you can find the details here.

Ciao for now,
S.

8 comments:

Sooo cute! I'm so happy you were able to join in this week :)

OOoooh! This is really great! I love the dimensioned/layered grass, and that dog with the matching baseball uniform - AWESOME job!

Steph-
What a great blog!
And and wonderful baseball project as well!
Thanks for playing along!

Oh this is so cute!! And such a good interpretation of the theme. I doubt I'd ever have the self-control to not use a Twilight character *cough,cough*Edward*cough* ;) It's really great. :)

Oh, me too -- what Leigh said. I don't seem to have a clue on how to do a Twilight challenge without Rob's beautiful face on it! It's great to "meet" you and to see you joining us over on twilighttuesday.com! Thanks so much for playing along with us! I will be posting over there later today about this month's blog candy, so check back!

Also -- I neglected to say these important things -- your card is great, and congratulations on starting your blog!

Also -- I neglected to say these important things -- your card is great, and congratulations on starting your blog!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog