Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge #15- CARS!!

I'm SOOO excited about this weeks challenge. I love cars. Love them!!If you could see the "My Pictures" folder on my computer you would discover about 90% of the pictures are of cars. I've gone to the car show 3 years in a row. I often day dream about what cars I would buy if I won the lotto. I have 2 dream cars- one realistic that I will (one day) buy, The Lexus Sc 430 Hardtop Convertable. Isn't it great??


And the other...requires the winning the lotto factor. Big time! A Maserati GT Spyder. *drool*












So, the first part of the challenge is to identify which of the Cullen cars you would pick. Easy peasy. Edward's Astin Martin. It's the closest to my Maserati dream car.








I have had the luxury of seeing an Aston Martin close up, (and not at the car show- those sightings don't really count)














Ok, second part of the challenge is to make a project inspired by Car theme. After looking at Julie's awesome digi scrapbook page, and Eve's clever keychain, I figured I should think outside the box on this one. I remembered a picture I took in Italy, in Vicenza. It's a beautiful little town that's not far from where my mom was born in Valdagno. We rented a car so we could travel from Vicenza where we were staying, to visit our family in Valdagno. Now, driving in Italy is an adventure in itself. Driving in a 1994 Jaguar which is probably the biggest car in all of Northern Italy is another story. It was hilarious to see the looks on people's faces when we drove by. We couldn't go all the way up the mountain roads to our relatives house because the car was too big and would fall off the mountain side! I'm not kidding. The roads we could travel on, we followed my Mom's cousin Anna-Maria in her car because you have to honk the horn around each corner, to let oncoming traffic know you're coming- you can't fit 2 cars side by side around the corners. In 1994, Jaguar decided to put the horn on the end of the stick for the windshield wipers! it took nearly all 4 days we had the car to discover that little tidbit.

So to my entry in the challenge- this is a picture I took from our apartment balcony in Vicenza. My poor mother and her cousin trying to figure out how to get our giant Jag out of the parking spot. The caption is what another driver wrote on a note left for my mom.

I know this didn't take much to put together, but sometimes a picture really is worth a thousand words!!

Make sure you check out the rest of the Twilight team's projects and join us for the challenge!!

Ciao for now,
S.

9 comments:

That is funny!
I can not even believe someone {or two someone's} did that!
Thanks for playing along!

ha ha ha ha! Priceless!
Love it!!!
TFS! and thanks for playing along with us :)
xo

LOVE it!!! this is soooo great!!!

First of all, thank you so much for the very kind mention! I LOVE that photo! That is hilarious. So how long DID it take to get the car out of there?!

I love the car photos you included -- those are some gorgeous vehicles!

How did we get the car out? haha, about 5 minutes after I took this picture the guy parked in front of us came back to his car and was leaving...but in front of him was a Lexus SUV.He inched back and forth, but still ended up pushing the bumper of the Lexus in front of him. By this point I had put my camera back and our apartment was the whole floor of the building, so I missed taking a video of it. Then my mom moved the car quickly so we didn't get stuck again.

oh, Julie, I could put together a whole slideshow of my car pictures. *sigh*

Thank you for letting me know that you answered my post. That is all so funny! It sounds like an episode of Seinfeld (they did a parking spot episode). And your car slideshow -- do it! That's the beauty of having your own blog -- you can do WHATEVER your little heart desires! :)

Thank you so much for your very nice comment to my blog -- I am still pretty new to blogging as well and that kind of feedback REALLY goes a long way for me!

You've actually SEEN an Aston Martin? Wow. There's someone in the town I live in that drives a red Lamborghini Diablo and I see it every once in a while. It's strange how someone else's car can make you all tingly and giddy, lol.

That is absolutely crazy. How frustrating to have people park that close. UGH. But it's an awesome picture and that note, lol, I would have died laughing.

Great caption! Thanks for sharing the photo and that story. I love Vicenza (but then again, I love most of italy)!
Rebecca

You've actually SEEN an Aston Martin? Wow. There's someone in the town I live in that drives a red Lamborghini Diablo and I see it every once in a while. It's strange how someone else's car can make you all tingly and giddy, lol.

That is absolutely crazy. How frustrating to have people park that close. UGH. But it's an awesome picture and that note, lol, I would have died laughing.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog