Friday, February 27, 2009

Foto Friday # 7- My Godson Ethan




I'm taking this Foto Friday to gush about my Godson Ethan, so bear with me :) I've never been a Godparent before, so it's all new and exciting!


I met Ethan this past Wednesday for the first time, I was in the area on business, so when work was done, I went to visit Ethan and his mom K, (his dad was at work). Ethan is just over 5 weeks old and absolutely beautiful!!


K is a childhood best friend, I've known her since I was 4 years old, and met when my parents moved to the neighborhood they still live in. K is a few years older than I am, but we bonded quickly, and hung out all the time. K moved away after college and we lost touch for a little while...you know, that thing 'life' getting in the way...but reconnected one Christmas at a local bar when she had come home and announced she was engaged! We spoke the next day on the phone and it was like we had never been apart. I attended her wedding to C 5 years ago and we've been close again since then. I was so happy for C and K when they announced they were expecting and was thrilled when they asked if I would be Ethan's Godmum. How lucky I am to have a friend for almost 23 years now, it's absolutely incredible.


Ethan was sleeping when I arrived, woke up for a bit to say hello, and then cuddled into my shoulder for another little nap.


There are no words...other than I love him.

Happy Friday,

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog