Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hey Mr. D.J.!

First up…it’s Grammy Sunday!! In honour of the most prestigious musical award, I have finally added my playlist to my blog. It’s not completely filled, but silence is deafening to me, so I wanted to at least put something in. It’s not an automatic start, (I’ve heard that can be annoying for visitors) so feel free to hit play and see what I’ve got. There are some songs I really wanted on there, but they weren’t available. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, I’m a sucker for a guy with a guitar…so there’s definately a theme to my playlist.

TECC54.3 Next is Taylor’s Cupcake Challenge. I needed to make a birthday card for my mom, it’s a bit late, so I wanted it to be special. I had some DP left over from last week’s challenge, and decided to use it again. I changed the main panel because I couldn’t bare to cover up the DP, but here it is:TECC54.2

I also wrote a note on the back…instead of my usual A Paper Buffet label, I wanted my ma to know this was is just for her!

TECC54.4

I also want to introduce a new line I will be adding to my Etsy store this week. I love punny stamps, and last week I shared with you my Two Peas in a Pod- We go together. twopeasinapod3

That is the first card in my new series, and so here is the second…melonthanks2 It’s another 4x4 mini card; the images on this Stampendous set are quite small, but I think they look great on a 4x4 card. These cards were a bit of a challenge for me, I’ve never been good at random stamping.

However, I discovered a tutorial at clearly I stamp where they demonstrated if you stick to a triangular pattern, the random stamping becomes more uniform and fills up the paper appropriately…and it worked! melonthanks1This is a perfect, bright and cheerful Thank you card. I stamped the images and then water coloured them.

I’ll be introducing you to a few more cards in this new series and adding to my Etsy store all week.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Ciao for now,

S.

PS- Thanks Julie for the tip about Windows Live Writer- this is so much easier! Yes, yes, I know, enough with the “thank you’s”…but I’m Canadian, we thank everyone, for everything ;)

5 comments:

These are just too cute

Recent blog post: SFYTT

Very "punny!" I use Windows Live Writer, too, and even wrote about it in my blog about a week ago, if anyone is interested.

Love the great colors you used. Nice card.

Recent blog post: TECC54 - Cheery Cherry Cupcake

Very "punny!" I use Windows Live Writer, too, and even wrote about it in my blog about a week ago, if anyone is interested.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog