Thursday, February 5, 2009

I've climbed over the wall, been tagged, working on some Comment-Luv, and still no TTIC entry...yet


Ok, so after some wonderful encouragement and ideas from my crafty TT.com friends, I took their advice and tried some non traditional Valentine's cards. And I think it worked! I'm climbing over that creativity-blocking wall! I've had this particular idea in my head for quite a while, and just haven't put it on paper yet. What you see to the left is a card I'm quite proud of- it's no secret I love punny things, especially stamps. This is the first in a series of cards I will be introducing over the next little while into my Etsy shop. I dropped some off at the hair salon and I will be adding the listing to my shop this afternoon. Here's the card in it's entirety- it's a 4x4 card, a bit smaller than a traditional card, but I love the little-ness of it. I finally! got an Embossing buddy and some black embossing powder- I really don't know why I put it off for so long, embossing is one of my favourite techniques. I think it's quite magical to watch the powder heat and transform before you eyes! Again, I digress. I stamped the image a second time, embossed it, and water coloured with some SU Wild Wasabi. I then mounted it in on dimensionals and added some tiny heart rhinestones. I forget where I bought them, so I have to go hunting, because I think I will be sad when I run out.

I managed to make a couple of these "Peas in a Pod" cards for the hair salon and I also brought the heart card I showed you yesterday, plus one more I made late last night- here it is:

It's slightly different than the other one, I cut one heart off to make the main image a bit shorter, and tied the bow on the side instead of the top. Again, I wasn't sure about this one, but when I dropped it off, I got some 'oohs and aahs' from Amy at the salon....I guess sometimes we're our own worst enemy and critic, right?


Next up, Margie of Oh Bumble is Me tagged me! I've never been tagged before, so I thought it was pretty cool! So I have to go to 'My Pictures" file and find the "6th file, and the 6th picture within that file". Uh oH. - file is "My 26th Birthday at the Mansion" The Mansion is a club here in London, and it's fun because it's a little classier, so you get to dress up. Birthday pictures can be.....sloppy at best, and somehow the sloppy pictures may never see the light of day, but still stay in your computer folder. Counting: 1, 2, 3, (thank God it's not that one), 4, 5, 6!
Phew!

Here it is: That's me! I was excited about going to the Mansion because I would get to wear the dress I found at Winners, for $25, it was such a steal!!

I think now I have to tag people, but I'm going to sit on this for a while because I'm still somewhat new to the blogger world and tagging seems to be going around and most people have already done it. So I will take volunteers for Tagging...anyone??

I also want to take a moment to thank Margie, Tonya, Mau, Julie, and Dani and everyone else who helped me in my time of crafty need with these Valentine's day cards. And Julie told me about "Comment Luv" which will let me reply directly to the people who comment. I hate not being able to do it, or sending some random PM to let he person know how appreciative I am for their comment, encouragement or just to tell me I made them giggle. So: THANK YOU! and I plan to have Comment Luv up soon :)

And...I'm still working on my entry for this weeks TTIC, tonight I'm to organize and clean my crafty space so I can get crackin' tomorrow after work.

Ciao for now,
S.

10 comments:

I REALLY love this card! You did a fab job. I love that Wild Wasabi. I hope SU! brings it back. I'm glad you got over your wall (no thanks to me!!) and I hope you sell a lot of cards!! Your picture is VERY pretty! Work it girlfriend!

Thought I'd clarify my comment...I don't think I did anything to really help...no great advice on my end!! But...encouragement you can always get from me!

Cute card! I knew you'd get through it! It happens to all of us - as a matter of fact, I've hit that wall this week! I haven't even bothered to go near my desk! My 'Edward' has left me... I need to find my 'Jacob' to help fill the scrap-void! :)
Great pic! lol! I was worried that my pic would also be non-postable! ha ha, I got lucky ;)

You are so nice to mention all of us -- and you are very welcome for whatever little thing I did. And your photo--you're so pretty, sweetie! :)

Steph, I meant to add -- let me know if you have any questions once you get started with CommentLuv. I found that the guy who developed the program and who does the instructional videos is very clear, but I still needed to tweak mine a bit until I felt like it was really working well.

hehe, if Jacob helps you, then Edward will come back "I leave you alone for two seconds and already the dogs decend"...I think that's what he says

Recent blog post: I've climbed over the wall, been tagged, working on some Comment-Luv, and still no TTIC entry...yet

aww, thanks Julie!

I think I got it figured out, but I did send you an email as well

Recent blog post: I've climbed over the wall, been tagged, working on some Comment-Luv, and still no TTIC entry...yet

Steph, I meant to add -- let me know if you have any questions once you get started with CommentLuv. I found that the guy who developed the program and who does the instructional videos is very clear, but I still needed to tweak mine a bit until I felt like it was really working well.

hehe, if Jacob helps you, then Edward will come back "I leave you alone for two seconds and already the dogs decend"...I think that's what he says

Recent blog post: I've climbed over the wall, been tagged, working on some Comment-Luv, and still no TTIC entry...yet

aww, thanks Julie!

I think I got it figured out, but I did send you an email as well

Recent blog post: I've climbed over the wall, been tagged, working on some Comment-Luv, and still no TTIC entry...yet

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog