Sunday, February 22, 2009

Spring has sprung!...at least in my stamping room it has


As the snow falls outside my window, I decided to bring a little Spring to my stamping room. A few different things inspired this card. Taylor's sketch for this week's challenge provided the layout. Initially I was going to make a birthday card- I've had an offline order for one of my Oh Shoot Card Kits and needed some birthday cards to go inside.



However, yesterday, I was asked by Natasha at Doodlestar on Etsy to participate in her ThursdaySweetTreat features. Of course I said Yes! She posts a theme every Friday, and you have until the following Wednesday to submit them to her, and she'll post them on Thursdays. It's a great way to keep the inspiration flowing! This week's theme is "Let Beauty Rain Down Upon...". You can check out more at her blog here and make sure you check it out every Thursday to see all the featured artists and what they've put together (I've added a button on the side of my blog, so you can use that as well).


The rain theme had me stumped...although it shouldn't have. I love the rain. Summer rain is my favourite and if a thunderstorm goes with it, all the better. I love the smell of rain, and the smell of the earth and my garden after the rain. The garden is really what inspired this card...after all "April showers bring May flowers".

This card has a few 'firsts'... this is the first time I've ever made a card this big! It measures 5.5" by 5.5", but needed to be this big because of the Tulip panels. I also used watercolour paper for the first time, and I really like it. I've been quite envious of the 'distressed' look on some wonderful cards I've seen lately, and used a nail file to sand down the edges on all the papers. I wanted this card to be soft and I'm happy with how it turned out.

I originally had planned to stamp the word 'spring' on a tag and attach with a ribbon across the front to stay in line with Taylor's sketch, but then realized 'spring' could be split up evenly across the three panels.

Just a quick post for me today, still trying to figure out all my computer woes on my primary computer and I'm going to watch the Oscars tonight, so I definitely can't miss the pre-show!

Make sure to check out Taylor's sketch and Thursdaysweettreats!

Happy Sunday!

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog