Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day: How do YOU deal?


Today was a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. There's no need to go into details, it was just not a good day. Everyone has them, they're bound to occur.
Much of what I do at work is assisting or rather reminding people, that stress is subjective, and you may not have control over what happens to you, but you DO have control over how you react to what happens to you.
So, today as I drove to a meeting, I did what I usually do when I'm having a bad day...drown my sorrows in angry music. I blare it as loud as I can stand it. I'm the car that pulls up next to you at the light and the car is shaking.
My angry music varies, but it MUST contain guitar, drums and/or heavy bass. Today I grabbed my Big Wreck cd (a Canadian band that I love, but unfortunately is not together anymore)...and cranked my favourite song " the Oaf". It has a guitar solo that caused me to want to learn to play guitar ( I did learn to play, but I have not gotten to the point where I could even attempt to play that solo). Big Wreck's album "In Loving Memory..." has some great music and it's what I turn to first on a bad day.
You can watch the video for "the Oaf" here
So what do you do on your Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad days? Do you have angry music of your own? A favourite movie? a special treat? (some Ben & Jerry's also sounds good right about now).
I wish you all a Wonderful, Fantastic, all Good, very Great evening!
Ciao for now,

1 comments:

SOMETIMES IT'S BEST TO JUST SIT IN A DARK ROOM AND MEDITATE. CLOSE YOUR EYES AND THINK ABOUT ALL THE GOOD THINGS HAVE ARE CURRENTLY IN YOUR LIFE.






New Bay Area rappers

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog