Monday, February 9, 2009

Viva la Vida!!

First, a bit of business- I’ve been overwhelmed with the success of my lil’ Etsy store and I’m working hard on adding more cards, so please stay tuned! I’ve added two more today in my Very Punny series, the “Thanks a Melon” you saw yesterday and here’s a get well card ; I just love this little guy! what a great way to put a bug2smile on someone’s face:)bug4

Ok, now on to some other notes- the GRAMMY’s!! Did you watch?? I was glued to the TV and loved it. Most award shows can’t hold my interest and I usually give up about 10pm, but I could not stop watching.

I was so happy that Coldplay won Album of the Year as well as taking home a few more Grammy’s that I had to celebrate and have this morning’s coffee in my Viva mug I bought at the Coldplay concert in November. DSC07516 Let me just say, run to see them if they come to play near you, I can’t wait to see them again!!

I think the reason why I love the Grammy’s is the collaboration work by artists who normally would never perform together.

So here are my top 10 Grammy moments of last night:

Performances:

Justin Timberlake and Rev. Al Green _45457710_timberlake_green_getty

Jaime Foxx with Smokey Robinson, Ne-Yo and the remaining member of the Four Topps Duke Fakir sang “Reach Out” and “Sugar Pie Honey Bunch”

gallery_main-grammy-show-2009-photos-02082009-44

B.B.King with John Mayer and Keith Urban in a tribute to Bo-Didlygallery_enlarged-grammy-show-2009-photos-02082009-48

Sir Paul McCartney and Dave Grohl- A Beatle and a Foo!!

macgram09_big

Adele

gallery_enlarged-grammy-show-2009-photos-02082009-59

Stay- by Sugarland- and I don’t like Country, but this acoustic version was incredible!

gallery_enlarged-grammy-show-2009-photos-02082009-58

Jennifer Hudson- what a strong woman!

_45458351_hudson_gettyU2!

_45458177_bono_getty

Coldplay and Jay-Z

_45457711_jay_z_martin_ap

and Neil Diamond singing Sweet Caroline!- This song will forever remind me of my last pub-crawl in University…we were in a small Irish pub and this song came on; everyone singing along, beer sloshing all over…you just can’t beat it! gallery_enlarged-grammy-show-2009-photos-02082009-64

Also on my list were performances by Justin Timberlake and T.I.; Radiohead and Katy Perry.

It was a fantastic show…and did anyone else notice it seemed like all the men had the same black shiny jacket on?

Ciao for now,

S.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog