Sunday, March 15, 2009

Birthday, birthday and more birthday cards!

DSC07694 Ok, so I intended to make about 12, but only 3 birthday cards are making it to this post for two reasons, 1)  I don’t want to be posting at midnight and 2) I’m stuck!

I meant to sit down yesterday and make a truckload of cards, for some offline orders I have for my “Oh Shoot Card Kits” but I just wasn’t feeling it.  I felt a tickle in my throat and decided to rest, I cannot afford to get sick this week!

I ran my errands this morning and was inspired by a trip to Staples! of all places, isn’t it crazy? Unfortunately, that inspiration stopped as soon as I got home and now I’m stuck again.

I will share with you what I did manage to create today and maybe after a little break (to do laundry, very uninspiring if you ask me), I’ll have some more creative juices flowing.

Up first is my Dad’s birthday card, a belated one at that.  I was holding off on sending it because I had to go to Sears to get a gift card.  My Dad is very hard to shop for, but my Mom said he’s planning on buying a new riding lawn mower this spring, so the gift card is to be used towards that.

dadbday1

I printed a picture of  a tractor on cardstock and cut it out, mounted it on dimensionals and used my favourite grass paper for some dimension. 

Next is a card for Taylor’s Cupcake Challenge over at Taylored Expressions. I finally inked up SU’s Fifth Avenue, which I adore and created this card.  Be warned! there is LOTS of pink in this one!

TECC59.3

I used my MS border punch, some new Bazzil pink paper (my Michaels finally started carrying some good paper packs, this is from the Tropical pack, I couldn’t pass it up on a sunny Sunday like today).  I stamped the Rose in Purely Pomegranate, and coloured with Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink and then Purely Pomegranate.  I didn’t let the inks dry in between coats because I wanted it to look like a real flower, the shading is never even or perfect.  I cut out the rose and mounted it on dimensionals.  A few dew drops added some balance to the top, it was looking a bit empty to me.

And the last one I made using the Basic Grey paper I picked up today at Michaels, it’s called Euphoria and reminds me of fireworks on Canada Day.

euphoria1

The cupcake is from Inkadinkado and the inside reads “celebrate one cupcake at a time” from SU.  In hindsight I think I should’ve rounded the corners on the cupcake or used the ticket punch, it’s looking a little unfinished.  I may try to fix it if I can.

Hope your Sunday is going well, I’m hoping I’ll have a few more ideas and get a TTIC Bella’s Birthday card made, it’ll be Tuesday before you know it and I don’t want to be 2 challenges behind!

Have a great Sunday!

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog