Tuesday, April 28, 2009

At $1.50…they don’t count

That’s what I told myself today.  I walked into Michaels on my way home from work, armed with my40% coupon to buy a specific punch for a special card (more on that later).  I walked by this display and found all this wonderful coordinating stuff!

1.50 Each item was only $1.50.  Therefore, it doesn’t count. I didn’t really spend all that much.  They had much more, but I limited myself to this haul here.  I couldn’t wait to rip open my new finds, and so after 8.5 hours on the road, in a terrible rain storm that created about 3 ft of visibility, I somehow found my second wind and sat down at my craft table.  I needed some thank you and birthday cards for a customer order; both Thank you stamps are SU and the ‘Happy Birthday’ stamp is GinaK.

I loved this weekend’s WSC78 sketch hosted by Sharon at Paperfections; I missed the deadline, but decided to play anyways.

I used the scraps of my beloved Yellow Bicycle paper and created two thank you cards:

wsc78.1

wsc78.2

I’m loving the buttons lately; I’ve been envious of everyone using buttons over the past few weeks, so I decided to give it a whirl.

Then I used MojoMonday sketch 82 for my next two cards and used the paper from my $1.50 haul

mojomonday28.1a 

I wasn’t paying attention when I stamped the “Happy Birthday” for this next card, so it’s slightly differentmojomonday28.2

(sorry, the picture is a little blurry)

I took these pictures outside, we still have some daylight, and the sky has cleared from our torrential downpour that I had to drive through this morning.  Mother Nature sure is fickle!

set1a

I know it’s TwilightTuesday (check it out at TwilightTuesday.com), but I’ll be making my TTIC card tomorrow, (and that special card with that specific punch--- hopefully, tomorrow I only have  5 hours on the road, but about 4.5 hours of paperwork…) I just don’t have it in me after 4 cards.

Happy Tuesday!

Ciao for now,

5 comments:

Oooh! My Michaels didn't have the butterflies! Those are so pretty.
Great cards. They are just lovely!

These are beautiful Steph!!! I really love your style. Even when you have a radical color change they still have a simple/elegant vibe. I just love it!

Thanks Dani!
I've seen so many butterflies on projects lately, I had to try them myself!

aww thanks Jen!
I'm really trying to use new colour combos, and loving it!

Recent blog post: At $1.50…they don’t count

What a great bunch of goodies you got there! SO much fun. I love your cards as well -- it's funny, I was just eyeballing purple and yellow as a combo as well. It's so spring-like and cheery!

Recent blog post: Bella Bleu Gift Set and Exciting News!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog