Monday, May 11, 2009

Announcement: ♪ A Change is Gonne Come ♪

♪ It’s been a long, long time coming/but I know/

A change is gonna come/Oh yes it will. ♪

I’ve been in a little funk lately.  I think it’s prompted by so many wonderful things happening to my friends: buying houses, moving, new jobs, engagements.  I am absolutely thrilled for their happiness, but it makes me feel….static. Standing still. 

In 2001, I moved from my parents home to a University dorm, 6 hours away.

In 2002, myself and 7 others moved into a house- 19 Barrington.

In 2004, I moved into my first solo apartment for my 4th and final year of University.

In 2005, I moved to a small town 40 minutes outside of London for a job.

In 2006, I moved back to London for another job.

In 2009, I’m still here.

When I sat down to do my usual weekend card sketches, nothing was happening.  All the sketches were awesome, and I could see my cards in my head, but they never materialized.  So I tried something else.

I’m going to borrow a term from Natasha over at Thursday Sweet Treats and say that this card was “born”. 

DSC08046

I have no idea where this came from, I never tear paper…but I really like it.  So I kept going:

sympathy

This card was inspired by Tonya’s awesome Fifth Ave Set.  I loved the way the flowers were stamped abstractly (yes, this was for a customer, hence the ‘custom order’ on the photo).

And yet another card that was born:

takecare2

Sentiment reads “Take care of yourself” and I used the Whimsy roller on the inside (the paper on the front is dp) that was given to me by my friend Alison after she was done making her wedding invites. 

simpleset

See a pattern in these cards?  Simple. Clean. I always thought I had a problem making simple cards, but I guess I was just looking in the wrong spot.

♪A change is gonna come ♪.

This office/craft workshop/guest/room needs to change.

That’s right kids, renovation time.

I won’t be making any cards this week, but prepping for the Office Makeover this long weekend.  I will be posting the trials and tribulations of what that means, the before, and after pictures and I’ve got something BIG planned for the end.

So please come back and visit.

Happy Monday!

Ciao for now,

7 comments:

Your cards are gorgeous! I love the simple, clean look! I adore the brown ones, they are so elegant!

Recent blog post: Project 365 - Saturday

Thank you so much! and thanks for the visit!
I just checked out your blog, it's INCREDIBLE!
I'm on my way to a meeting, but I will be going back to check it all out!

Recent blog post: Announcement: ♪ A Change is Gonne Come ♪

Great clean and simple cards! The first one, with the torn paper - is simple genius! The fifth avenue floral one is simply elegant and the "take care of yourself" cards are perfection!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Good luck with the makeover!
I like your style. Plain and simple- or how you normally do it- it is all great!

Thanks Rebecca, I will definitely be using torn paper more often!

Recent blog post: Phase 1: The De-Clutter

Thanks Eve! I'm excited for the makeover, I just hope it turns out like it is in my head!

Recent blog post: Phase 1: The De-Clutter

Thanks Rebecca, I will definitely be using torn paper more often!

Recent blog post: Phase 1: The De-Clutter

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog