Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sketchy

Sketches are my blueprints.  They allow me to get out of my comfort zone and grow.  I haven’t been great at keeping up with playing along for the last little while, but I’m hoping things will change.

I have quite a few cards I want to make over the next few days, and turned to some sketches for some inspiration.

I  wanted to make a Congratulations card for my friend H, who called me this week to tell me she was engaged! How exciting!! Both her and her fiancé are pilots, so earlier in the week I picked up my first EK punch- an airplane.

I used Taylor’s sketch for this card, TECC66(sketch) and it also qualifies for the  A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge 49- blue and green.

TECC66.1

TECC66.3 I flipped the sketch and did change it a little bit, the airplanes just didn’t look right grouped in the left corner, so I used some more on the inside. Cardstock is Bazzil, Ribbon is American Crafts stamp is SU and the DP is from my stash.

wsc79

 

I needed some birthday cards and thank you cards, and turned to the WSC sketch which is hosted by Jen Balcer this weekend.

wsc79.1

 

I used my paper from my $1.50 Michaels loot to make this card, and I really liked the layout.  I liked it so much, I made another as a thank you card, and then made 4 more to add to my Etsy store and to the hair salon here in town where I sell my cards. Both sentiments are SU.

wsc79.3

Next up was a MojoMonday sketch Mojo84Sketch for my mom’s Mother’s Day card.  She saw another card I made with the SU Fifth Ave rose stamp and loved it, so I knew I wanted to use that for her card.

mum3This card took more work to put together, and I really wasn’t sure if the rose was such a good idea because it was so large.  Overall, I am happy with how this one turned out.  The card base is SU Sahara Sand, DP is double sided S.E.I Chocolate Nougat, Bazzil Raspberry Dream, and Bazzil Grey ( I’m sure it has some fancy name, but I can’t remember).  The ribbon is SU Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon and the sentiment is from Stampendous Sunny Flowers set.  If you click on the picture, I softened the edges of the rose (stamped in SU Basic Gray) with my blender pen. 

I made one more card, but surprisingly didn’t follow a sketch for this one.  While making my Godson’s bdaycake1Christening card a few weeks ago, I realized I really liked the way white ink looks on SU Sahara Sand, and went from there.   Another birthday card using SU Birthday Whimsy set, it’s definitely one of my favourite sets of all time.

I stamped the present in white ink on Sahara Sand to create my own dp, and stamped the cake in SU Chocolate Chip.  It’s making me crave some chocolate cake!

bdaycake2

 

I struggle making neutral cards, and simple cards as well.  But I really like the clean lines of this one and didn’t feel it needed any embellishments.

 

It’s a sunny Saturday here and I’m off this afternoon to watch my friend D in a charity wheelchair basketball tournament.

Make sure to check out all the sites above for some great sketches!

Happy Saturday!

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog