Friday, June 26, 2009

The Character Cafe Feature Friday: Fairy Belle

Welcome to the first Feature Friday of the summer!  Today each of the design team members will be showcasing one of the June releases on their blog. 

Last weekend’s blog hop was a success! so thanks to all who hopped along and congrats to the winners of the draw.

This week, I picked Fairy Belle to play with, and I was inspired by this week’s theme at ThursdaySweetTreats “Whimsy of Colour in Mid-Flight”.  I haven’t played along with TST for so long, so it was nice to be part of it again.

I wanted Fairy Belle to illuminate the night sky, so here she is!

FairyBelle1 copy

I masked an oval on a piece of white card stock and sponged with all shades of blue and grey ink to create the night sky.

I sponged the oval with Barely Banana and softened the edges of the oval with some white ink and my watercolour brush.

FairyBelle2 copy

Here’s a close-up of Fairy Belle, I’m thrilled with how she turned out.  I’m really starting to get the hang of this colouring!

I cut her out with nail scissors!- they were the only ones that were small enough, but they were perfect!

I popped her up on dimensionals and I had printed a second Fairy Belle image knowing I wanted to double her wings.  I added some sparkle and some Crystal Accents to her eyes.

I knew I wanted something a bit extra on the card, so I added some iridescent ribbon and made a tag that can be personalized with a name or a sentiment.

Before I send you off to the rest of the DT blogs, make sure you check out The Character Cafe Blog next Wednesday- July 1st.  It will be the first Work it Wednesday, where a team member will showcase a technique or tip and there will be an open challenge to all you crafty people.  In honour of Canada Day (Happy Birthday Canada!) Kendra and Kelly have been kind enough to offer up a Character Cafe image to the winner of the challenge!

So run, don’t walk, to check out the rest of the DT creations!

~Billie ~ Colleen ~ Elaine ~ Heather ~ Kendra&Kelly ~ Mary ~

~Sara ~ Shelley ~ Tesa~

Happy Friday!

Ciao for now,

13 comments:

THis is really great! I love how she "lights" up the night sky! Her 3-d wings are awesome and so is all the glitter!

Recent undefined:=-

Steph... LOVE this card! I think the colours are just rich and so cool. You did a great job :)

Recent undefined:=-

Oh, she is just charming. What a pretty card. I am a huge lover of fairies! This is just so sweet.

Gorgeous! I love how you did this, the night sky is beautiful!

what a fab card.

{hugs}
Mary

Recent undefined:=-

Pure sweetness!
I love how you made the night sky and she's such a cute flutter-by :)
Beautiful job, Steph!!!

Recent undefined:=-

This is a great card, love the effect on your background. hugs Shelley

I'm in total amazement of the beauty of this card! You did a fantastic job with coloring, masking and making her 3D!!!

You've done magic with this image!!! LOVE this card and the masking is fantastic! Have a lovely Saturday!

Recent blog:=- The Character Cafe’s Feature Friday

I love how you did the spotlight technique on her!!!

I really love the sponging look and you colored her very pretty Steph!!!

Awesome job for your first Feature Friday Card!!!!

Heather

I love how you did the spotlight technique on her!!!

I really love the sponging look and you colored her very pretty Steph!!!

Awesome job for your first Feature Friday Card!!!!

Heather

Oh, she is just charming. What a pretty card. I am a huge lover of fairies! This is just so sweet.

Steph... LOVE this card! I think the colours are just rich and so cool. You did a great job :)

Recent undefined:=-

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog