Monday, June 8, 2009

Custom Order progress- 2 Bridal Shower cards

I mentioned yesterday I had an order from a wonderful customer in Phoenix, AZ.  Natalie of TerraSense asked for two cards for a double bridal shower.  She asked that they be larger than normal cards since there would be many people who would be signing them.

I decided on an 8”X8” size so that there would be lots of room to write, and picked up some MS paper that was 18”X18”, so I could fold the paper to the correct size.

Natalie told me a little about each bride.  Bride #1 is getting married in wine country, Sonoma, California and her wedding colour is Burgundy.  I found this awesome paper that reminded me of a sunset and I thought it was perfect.

Sonoma1 

 

 

I used the main image from SU’s “To Have and to Hold”.  I added the wine glass stamp from the same set given the wedding’s vineyard theme.

 

 

Sonoma3

For the inside, I used the Rock and Roll technique, using SU Pumpkin Pie and Really Rust, with the Fifth Ave Floral rose stamp.  I stamped off to make the image a little lighter so people can write their message and it won’t be so distracting.

Sonoma5

Bride # 2 is getting married in Oregon, on her horse ranch, and her colours are green and purple.   I wanted this card to be fresh and bright, and the MS fern DP I found was perfect!  Again the card base is MS 18”x18” paper, cut down to 8”x8”.

Oregon1

I wanted to have a different layout, to make each card unique.

I used the same main image, and in the Sonoma card I heat embossed with translucent embossing powder to give it a little something extra.

I used SU certainly celery ribbon, my favourite MS border punch, Nesties and some paper flowers and rhinestone brads.

For the inside of this card, we wanted to incorporate the horses, Oregon3 so a little horse in each corner with lots of room for everyone to write their well wishes and wisdom to the bride –to-be.

 

I just have to finish making the envelopes, I’ll use the rest of the 18”by 18” paper and then I’m off to the post office to get these on their way to Phoenix!

I’m really happy with how they turned out, and I think they’ve almost turned into a mini album, which should be a very nice memento for the brides to keep.

Go check out Nat’s store TerraSense…I just ordered some of her organic lip balm and I can’t wait to get it in the mail!

Happy Monday!

Ciao for now,

2 comments:

Wow. Just WOW. These cards are so well thought out! I love how you found out about each bride, their colors, their tastes. These are perfect! I'm curious how you are making the envelopes though. I don't really make my own...This is a great idea! I'm just blown away. I love both cards equally!

aww, Thanks Tonya!
I'm really happy with how they turned out...I just posted a tutorial for the envelopes, so you can follow it, let me know if it's confusing :)

Recent blog post: Custom Order progress- 2 Bridal Shower cards

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog