Saturday, June 6, 2009

I’M GOING TO THE OLYMPICS!

This weekend was supposed to be to catch up on making cards, but I can’t sit still because I just got tickets to the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics!!!!

My friend Hillary and I have been talking about this since it was announced Vancouver will be hosting the Winter Olympics.  We missed the first round of ticket purchases in November, it was just after my surgery and we both forgot.  They announced they would have another round in early 2009…which turned into today, June 6th, 2009.

I thought it was a long shot, but I opened 3 browsers and was in the Virtual Waiting rooms for about 30 minutes when all of a sudden it brought me to a registration page!  Ok, breathe, fill out the info. 

Onto the ticket page.  Ok, I bet only Luge and curling are left…so what did we get tickets for?

That’s right Canadian Women’s Hockey!!

We’ll see them play Sweden in the preliminary rounds on Wed February 17th, 2010.

 

But that’s not all!  I thought, ok, lets see what else is out there…

 

 

 

That’s right! we’re also seeing the Canadian Men’s Hockey team play Switzerland on Thursday Feb 18th in the preliminary rounds!!

This is honestly one of my biggest dreams come true! I’m so excited, I haven’t stopped smiling all day and I can’t possibly sit still!!

The Olympics have a special place in my heart- I stay up day and night watching them and cheering our National teams on.  My uncle is a 2-time Olympian (Canadian National Basketball team), my friends are Paralympians (swimming) and many of my professors in University were on Olympic training teams.  In fact, one of the reasons why I went to UWO was because it’s the only Olympic affiliated University in Canada.

I can not believe how blessed I am to  be able to have the opportunity to  cheer for our Canadian men and women, on home soil and while playing one of our National games.

Now I have to wait until February 2010.

 

HAPPY SATURDAY!!

Ciao for now,

 

9 comments:

That should be a blast. Congrats.

Awesome!!! So happy for you!
I cannot wait to see those pics ;)

Recent blog post: Jillibean Sprout Contest and Sissy's Scrap Challenge

Thanks Margie, I'm still beside myself, and don't you worry, I'll be taking LOTS of pictures!!

How cool, you'll have such great memories.

Thanks Maureen! Only 247 days to go! lol

Recent blog post: Tutorial- Envelopes for oversize cards

Awesome!!! So happy for you!
I cannot wait to see those pics ;)

Recent blog post: Jillibean Sprout Contest and Sissy's Scrap Challenge

That should be a blast. Congrats.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog