Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Yay for ScrappinGreatDeals Garage sale!

If you’ve been blog hopping to any London-area blogs, you may have heard about the ScrappinGreatDeals garage sale.  It was the first of it’s kind and I’ve heard it was a total success!  Everyone who wanted to participate purchased a box, priced their scrappy stuff how they wanted and the wonderful ladies at SGDs sold it for us!

It was a chance to clean out what I don’t use and offer it up to a better home.  I stayed far away because I knew that there was a possibility that I would accumulate as much stuff as I was trying to get rid of!

Whatever you sold was transferred into a SGD gift certificate; what’s left over, or wasn’t sold and not picked up, is being donated to local schools, clever eh?

I went today to see how well I did, with my gift certificate purchase already lined up.  I was really happy with the results, and donated just under $7 worth of stuff that didn’t sell, mostly some stamps.

So what did I bring home?

DSC08164

Yay for Scor-Pal!! I have wanted one of these for soooooooo long, but they were hard to find here in Canada, shipping it from the US was mucho costly, and then when I found SGD, there was just always something else on my list I needed more.  I had enough from my garage sale proceeds to buy the Scor-Pal and I threw in the Mat for myself for a job well done ;).  I’m very excited to use this tool and I have a million ideas swimming around in my head right now.

I won’t be using it tonight, however…I’m wiped out from my concert last night (Dave Matthews Band totally brought down the house…the first outdoor concert of the summer, what could be better?)

Tomorrow and Friday I’m on the road all day for work, so I’m not sure if I’ll get to use this before Saturday…but I’m hoping to coincide it with a new product and a big launch for my Esty store :)

I also want to take a minute to thank everyone who’s left me comments, overall and in the past few days on my custom order cards and envelopes.  It’s very surreal for me to think that I have my own business and that someone out there wants to buy my work and appreciates it.  I never never thought this would happen.

Thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement. I am truly blessed.

Happy Wednesday!

Ciao for now,

2 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog