Sunday, July 12, 2009

Impressed, Amazed, Inspired {by you} with Tissue paper flowers

I had a friend contact me to make her a few cards for her upcoming wedding.  Her and her fiancé are having a small wedding and asked for thank you cards for their bridal party and for each sets of parents.

The wedding colours are hot pink, deep purple and green.  Here are the two cards for the bridesmaids.  The bride picked a different sentiment for each set of cards and picked “Impressed, Amazed, Inspired {by you}” for the girls’ cards.  I love this sentiment from SU “Sweet Little Sentiments” set.

I used the wedding colours and distressed all the edges of the paper (my new favourite technique).  The card stock is Bazzil and I used Bazzil Bling in Bank Roll (green) for some added sparkle and shine.  The hot pink paper is Basic Grey and has this wonderful distressed effect to it.  I tore the bottom edge and sponged SU Lovely Lilac.

I also finally tried these tissue paper flowers, they’re super easy to make.  I used my nesties to cut out circles from tissue paper and then found the most beautiful shell buttons that just happened to be in pink and purple, it was fate!  The sentiment is stamped in Whisper White.

Here’s another angle where you can see the flowers a bit better.

 

 

 

 

I’ve still got the boys’ cards to make, I found some striped paper with all the wedding colours in it- stripes are my go to pattern for masculine cards.

The parents’ cards will be a bit more traditional, I’m still designing them.

It’s a beautiful sunny Sunday here in London town, I hope you all have a great day!

Happy Sunday,

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog