Saturday, July 25, 2009

One card, three challenges

I needed some inspiration for a thank you card for a customer, so I started off at Taylor’s Cupcake Challenge to see what the sketch was for this weekend.

Ok, so I had my layout.

Next I needed some colours to work with, so I headed over to the Color Throwdown.  I’ve always wanted to play along, but until last week, I never had all SU cardstock ( I mostly used Bazzil), so this is my first time playing along.

Colours for this week are:

 

Add one more challenge, found while blog hopping; There She Goes August release challenge 13- Wings and Things.

So, put them all together and what do you get…

ColorThrowdown copy

ColorThrowdown2 copy

I even remembered to finish the inside of the card!

ColorThrowdown3 copy

I used SU Chocolate Chip for the base, layered with Certainly Celery and the DP is Martha Stewart.  I used my nesties to cut circles out of Perfect Plum and inked up my new Hero Arts butterfly stamp in matching ink.  A nesties tag, with the sentiment stamped in Chocolate Chip and some Chocolate Chip to finish it off.

I’ve got a few more cards to make today, and tomorrow, my Godson Ethan is coming for a visit! Well, his parents are bringing him of course, he’s only 6 months old!

Happy Saturday!

Ciao for now,

3 comments:

WOW, I love it Steph! The colors are perfect together. (OK, I used perfect on both posts, I think I need to pull out the thesaurus LOL) TFS

Recent blog:=- Lemonade on a HOT summer day!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog