Tuesday, July 7, 2009

An origami gift box and butterfly birthday wishes

I’ve been a busy little worker bee these past few days. I’m just putting the finishing touches on a custom order for 40 bridal shower invites. Just a few more ribbons to tie and then I’ll be able to share them with you :)

In the meantime, here’s a little package of goodies I’ve put together for my sister’s birthday which was last week. I found this tutorial for an origami gift box and had to try it for myself. It’s super easy to make and no adhesive is needed!

I used some sparkly dp from my stash and some purple cardstock for the bottom- the picture for some reason makes it look indigo, but it’s purple.

So what’s inside you ask?

Some goodies from one of my favourite Etsy stores, Savor. Some whipped soap and lip butter, yum!

I have something else to add, but it doesn’t fit in the box. This box was made using a full 12x12 sheet of DP for the top and I cut the cardstock to 11.5 x 11.5 for the bottom. You want the bottom to be a little bit smaller than the top so the fit together nicely. I will definitely be making this gift box again and will play around with the sizing.

A simple birthday card to go along with gift. I’ve been very envious of all the butterflies I’ve seen on cards lately, so as I was buying everything browsing at Michaels, I found some butterfly stamps. I really like them, but I wish a co-coordinating punch came along with them…does anyone know if there’s a company that makes the butterfly stamp and a punch together? it’d be so much easier to cut out! I used some purple and pink MS markers to add in the ‘flight path’ of the butterflies

Sorry for the dark picture, when I tried to fix the lighting, it made everything really bright and skewed the colours, KWIM?

I’m hoping my sis will find the package soooo cute, she’ll ignore that her gift is going to be more than a week late! Love ya sis! ;)

Well, that’s it for me tonight, back to the table to finish the bridal shower cards, and then I have two more custom orders to complete. AND, it’s A Paper Buffet tax time, so I’ve been trying to do a little bit of accounting every night…that’ll put you to sleep no doubt!

Make sure to check out The Character Cafe blog tomorrow, where Mary will be hosting Work it Wednesday and a challenge for you all to play along!

Happy Tuesday,

Ciao for now,

5 comments:

Oh now anyone would love to have this!!! Great job on making such a great gift.

I am totally stumped now was it you or Shelly that send me some questions about my camera????

Heather

Recent undefined:=- Oh no! Comluv had an error with your feed, see message below!

Thanks Heather! these little boxes are super easy to make.

Wasn't me about your camera, must've been Shelly :)

Recent blog:=- An origami gift box and butterfly birthday wishes

Thanks Heather! these little boxes are super easy to make.

Wasn't me about your camera, must've been Shelly :)

Recent blog:=- An origami gift box and butterfly birthday wishes

Oh now anyone would love to have this!!! Great job on making such a great gift.

I am totally stumped now was it you or Shelly that send me some questions about my camera????

Heather

Recent undefined:=- Oh no! Comluv had an error with your feed, see message below!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog