Saturday, July 25, 2009

Post # 2: CPS125

Yup, can you believe it? This is my second post today! And I’m in a bit of a hurry to make the deadline for the CPS challenge, so I didn’t even have time to add my regular watermark,…sheesh!

I needed to make a masculine birthday card, so I used the CPS layout for this week.  Actually, truth be told, I was going to use this layout for a shower card, and still might, but when I picked the papers and the colours, although there was  a hint of pink, the greens and browns took over and it became a ‘boy’ card, lol.

CPS2

I had every intention of following the sketch perfectly, but decided to try something new with the ribbon loops.  I’m not sure how I like it, and the camera seems to have skewed the green, it does match the Old Olive paper much better IRL.

I also glued the cake at the wrong angle, oops! so the ribbons are to the upper right instead of like in the sketch.

I used SU Close to Cocoa and Old Olive for this card; DP is Studio K and the ribbon is from Michaels.

We are having quite the storm roll through, which means it’s perfect weather for stamping!

Happy Saturday {evening}!

Ciao for now,

2 comments:

This so so great, perfect for a guy. TFS

Recent blog:=- Lemonade on a HOT summer day!

I really like your ribbon loops! They look like fabulous party decorations! :>

Recent blog:=- Papertrey Ink {Texting} Blog Hop

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog