Monday, August 10, 2009

Back Home and some exciting news!

OK, so I know it's somewhat late for a post, but I'm literally waiting for my toothbrush to charge so I can brush my teeth and go to bed! lol

I'm back home in London, ON after a week up north at the cabin my family rents every year.
This was our 10th year up there and we book at the same time as the people we met the first year; we've become quite the little family!

The weather could've been better, but my dad the techno-wizard brought an external hard drive hooked up to some media player, a bunch of cords and an adapter and voila! DVD quality movies played without a DVD player on a TV that is 20 yrs old! Gotta love technology! We did have a few storms and were rained in our first full day there, but after that, the rain was limited to overnight or during the dinner hour...I have a picture of my dad BBQ in a monsoon that I'll be posting later on. I still managed to get a sunburn though, it was on a very windy day and I was fooled. It was only on the tops of my legs, but they're still red...and I'll have to buy some sunless tanner to even up the back of my legs, or I'm going to look pretty silly in California in a few weeks when we go to L.A.!

I was quite the little bookworm~ it was so nice to just read and not be interrupted by the phone, or work. I devoured The Book Thief and I'm 3/4 through Inkheart, which I've been wanting to read for quite a while. I'm really liking it and my friend recommended The House of Night series, so I picked up books 1-4 and those are on my reading list next.

While I was away, I had some great news; Tonya the oh-so-fabulous owner of Stamp Happens accepted my application for her Stampin Sistah's design team! I'm soooo excited to be a part of this team with some of my TTIC friends and some new lovely ladies too!

I must say, I have seen the sneak peek at the stamps and, my friends, put your pennies away right now, because you will want to scoop them up as soon as they arrive!!

I'll be updating my blog with the DT members and links to their blogs tomorrow, I still haven't completely unpacked and should do that and a few other things before bed tonight.

Happy Monday!

Ciao for now,
S

7 comments:

Welcome home and congratulations on being part of Tonya's Stampin Sistah's design team!

Recent blog:=- Boy Oh Boy (or Girl)!

It sounds like you had a nice and relaxing vacay! Welcoe back :)

CONGRATS!!! So happy for you! I really can't wait to see what y'all are going to come up with :)

Recent blog:=- A {Late} Challenge Card!

Thanks Mau! I'm so excited to get started!

Thanks Margie!
Thank you so much for the goodies, they were waiting for me when I came home, I love them!!

Enjoyed your blog. The Boo card was so cute. Going to the next blog.
Vickie

Recent undefined:=-

Enjoyed your blog. The Boo card was so cute. Going to the next blog.
Vickie

Recent undefined:=-

Thanks Mau! I'm so excited to get started!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog