Saturday, August 1, 2009

KABOOM! the Big and Loud reveal!

Finally I can share this project with you…it’s been a tough week to keep this under wraps.  But the recipient should have this project by now, so lets recap

Peak #1

DSC08809

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

#2

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

#3

So, did you guess it was for a Bride? for her shower?

I had a gift card as a gift from her registry, and initially made a gift card holder for it.  But I thought it was boring.  So I looked around for some ideas and found a tutorial by the lovely and uber talented Patti.  I traveled up to Michaels and bought the Basic Grey Ambrosia paper I had been eyeing for WEEKS!  I was finally allowed to buy it because I had a project that I would use it for (in an effort to halt my paper hoarding).

So, without further ado…my Explosion box!

explosionboxbridalshowerlid copy

You can see here I’ve tied the gift card to the ribbon that I threaded through the lid of the box.  I created a small loop and threaded it through the lid, and then made a bow (my flower shop skill) and attached it with floral wire to the ribbon loop.  I used a simple knot to tie the ribbon to the card- this way the card is visible and not accidentally thrown away.

explosionboxbridalshowerhalfopen copy If you’re not familiar with explosion boxes, as you pull the lid, the card falls open…KABOOM! it explodes! well….not really, but you get the idea.

explosionboxbridalshower1 copy

TA-DA! This is the card when fully opened.  I used a few different SU stamp sets to put a message on each of the 12 squares.  I used SU basic grey, pumpkin pie and bordering blue.  I used my snazzy new flower punch and my MS heart punch using the cardstock and DP for some accents.

You can click on the picture to make it bigger.

I added some glitter and ribbon to some images, and attached the flowers on floral wire to have them stand up.

This is something that is hard to capture in pictures, but I’m incredibly proud of this project and I know I will be making more explosion boxes.

Go try it, it’s easier than you think and the effect is incredible~ make sure to leave a comment or a link so I can see how you did your explosion box.

Happy Saturday!!

5 comments:

Holy Cow!!! This is one STUNNING creation and I guess the future bride was over the top recieving this!!! It was for sure worth waiting for!

Recent undefined:=- Oh no! Comluv had an error with your feed, see message below!

Absolutely STUNNING!
Gorgeous! Brilliant!
I love it sooo much! I'm sure that she does too ;)
TFS :*) Enjoy your weekend away!!!

Recent blog:=-

Oh Steph! It is just beautiful! I love it! It's all amazing!!!

Oh Steph! It is just beautiful! I love it! It's all amazing!!!

Holy Cow!!! This is one STUNNING creation and I guess the future bride was over the top recieving this!!! It was for sure worth waiting for!

Recent undefined:=- Oh no! Comluv had an error with your feed, see message below!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog