Friday, August 14, 2009

TCC Feature Friday- Bertie and Friend

TGIF!

The first week back from vacation is always a hard one and my work load was really heavy.  I’m happy it’s Friday and I can take a little break because next week will be very busy as well.

Here’s my TCC card for this week; I picked the Bertie and Friend image.  I have wanted to work with this one for a while and thought it was perfect for the highlighting technique.  The technique is very easy to do and gives some eye popping results. 

I used black cardstock and a silver metallic paper with black accents so the colours would really pop.

I printed out the image twice (love those digi stamps!) and used my nesties to cut out specific parts of the image.  I like the highlighting to be a little off centre, it’s a little more interesting.  For example, take a look at the butterfly.  It would be very easy to have the whole butterfly in the circle and it would have a completely different effect.

 

I popped up the highlights on dimensionals for a little more oomph.

 

 

 

Want to try it yourself? Head on over to The Character Cafe Store and put this image in your shopping cart- it’s so versatile!

Make sure to hop around to see what the other DT members created for us to ogle at :)

Elaine ~ Kendra and Kelly ~ Shelley~ Billie ~ Colleen ~ Heather ~ Sara ~ Tesa 

Mary is taking this week off, she’s sick with the flu! Feel better Mary!!

Happy Friday!

Ciao for now,

14 comments:

I love this! It looks fantastic! I'll need to do this too! Thanks for the inspiration!

SO cute! I love how you spotlighted everything and also made the card black and white! TFS!

Recent blog:=- Clean & Simple: Fall To Layout #54

This is amazing!! I LOVE this technique, you used it perfectly!! Love this card!

Recent blog:=- Royal Kat Wednesday!

Oh my goodness, I've never seen this before and totally love it. Love the way it makes everything POP! Thanks for sharing

Recent undefined:=- Oh no! Comluv had an error with your feed, see message below!

Hi Steph, I just love this technique!! it really changes the look of the image.
I've never seen this technique before...would like to try it.
Awesome card Steph!!
Kelly

Recent blog:=- Work It Wednesday #6 - Glitter it up!

Wow! This is awesome Steph. What a great idea to use your Nesties that way and to make the little 'cutouts'. I really love it!!!

Recent undefined:=-

This is just too cute for words Steph...I LOVE it!!! I have done this technique before when I was working in the shop it is so effective.. Fab work!! Xx

Recent blog:=- Twilight Doesn't Change the World...

Wow! Love what you have done with this card. Its a great idea. hugs Shelley

Recent undefined:=- Oh no! Comluv had an error with your feed, see message below!

Wow! Love what you have done with this card. Its a great idea. hugs Shelley

Recent undefined:=- Oh no! Comluv had an error with your feed, see message below!

OMG!!! That is just the most adorable card ever- what a clever idea!

xoxo
Sarabeth

Recent blog:=- I did it! I did it!!!!

SO cute! I love how you spotlighted everything and also made the card black and white! TFS!

Recent blog:=- Clean & Simple: Fall To Layout #54

I love this! It looks fantastic! I'll need to do this too! Thanks for the inspiration!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog