Friday, August 28, 2009

TCC Feature Friday- Pumpkin Petra

It’s Friday, it’s Friday!! and I’m going on vacation Whohoo!!

Sorry, I was doing a little happy dance there…I’m leaving for Los Angeles tomorrow and will be back next Friday.  I still have a million things to do before I leave, why does prepping for vacation seem stressful?

Here is my project for The Character Cafe Store feature Friday, using one of the new fab August releases.

I used the Taylor’d Expressions layout from last week for this, and I have to say…this card wasn’t supposed to turn out the way it did! lol

I used the great Halloween Bo-Bunny paper again, and really wanted the purple paper to be the focus, but I think it got lost a bit in the orange.  The orange paper is two sided, but silly me wasn’t paying attention when I put my glue on, so both ended up showing the same side!  Oh well, I added a black ribbon, and I think it’s alright.

I used a stamp I got last year in the Michaels $1 bin, and I just love this saying! Too cute and goes perfectly well with Pumpkin Petra.  Now, you may notice something about Petra; and by no means do I mean any disrespect to the lovely and talented Kendra and Kelly (creators of TCC)…but I cut Petra’s wings off

I know, I know, but I just wasn’t feeling Petra as a fairy for this card, so write your hate mail down below and let me have it ;)

I really connected with Petra…mostly because I was a pumpkin in this EXACT same costume for many many years! I’ll see if my mom can send me the picture- she made the costume and we filled it with grocery bags so I was a very round pumpkin. Except I made this “swishing” sound when I walked! LOL

I coloured Petra with watercolours, as well as the lettering in the sentiment.  I added some Clear Effects to Petra’s eyes and the pumpkin face.

Some MS glitter added some bling to the pumpkin.

I distressed all the edges of the paper with black ink and a make-up applicator…by far my favourite way to distress at this point.  I’d love to know what you use, I can learn so much from all of you!

Now go explore and see what the other team members have created for you, you can find their links on the right hand side.

I’m going to go try and get as much stuff as I can done before I leave tomorrow.  I will be sure to post a bunch of pictures from L.A. and will start bringing back my “Snapshot Sunday” feature.

Fingers crossed I see some celebrities! I’m hoping for Robert Downy Jr…I need to know why we have to wait until July 2010 for Iron Man 2! Seriously!

Have a great weekend, and I’ll be back next week with another Feature Friday AND the release of Stamp Insanity Stamps- I cannot wait for you to see these!!

Happy Friday,

Ciao for now,

9 comments:

Great card, lovely image. Enjoy your vacation. hugs Shelley

Recent undefined:=- Oh no! Comluv had an error with your feed, see message below!

Hi Steph, How can I send you hate mail when your card looks sooo good?
...oh yeah this was Kendra's creation so you'll have to answer to her.
( hee, hee)
Just love your card this week...still have to get that paper. I love that sentiment too!
Have a great trip, can't wait to see the pics.
Kelly

Recent blog:=- Blop Hop Winners!

Awwww, she is CUTE! (even without wings!) Great card, love those papers. Orange is good! I hope you have a fantastic trip, but I want you to hurry home. Can't wait to see those pics of you as a pumpkin!!!

Recent blog:=- Bloggparty! Wohoo!!!

She's a cutie! I really like the layout. TFS.

Recent blog:=- Out of Town

super cute. I love how you colored her. And your dp is great.

{{hugs}}
Mary

Steph, this is soooo cute! I can't wait to play with her! Great job!

Recent undefined:=- Oh no! Comluv had an error with your feed, see message below!

This is super cute Steph! I love it and I hope you are having a fabulous time on your vacation!

Steph,

This turned out so wonderful!!! I love the layout and the coloring!!! I also love the new picture in the side bar so pretty!!!

Hope the vacation was good!!!

Heather

Recent blog:=- Full Speed Ahead!!! Inktegrity Sneak Peaks for Todays Release!!! Awesome for Boy and Men Cards!!!!

this was great...i like the way you color and the choice of your layouts..i love it..so cute.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog