Sunday, September 6, 2009

Back from L.A.!

Hello hello! I’m back from sunny (and smoky) California; actually, like my post on Friday mentioned, I got back early Friday morning.  I’ve been busy doing the things that follow a vacation return- unpacking, groceries, laundry and adjusting back to the EST zone.

I had a great time in Los Angeles, saw one of my friends from University, saw the taping of the TV Sitcom “Gary Unmarried” with Jay Mohr and Paula Marshall- we saw the 3rd episode of the new season, so it won’t be on for a few weeks.  I’ll let you know when it’s on; it’s a really interesting process, but it took 4 hours to tape!

We rented a car and drove to Santa Monica and Venice Beach.  What a sight! Muscle Beach was hilarious!  We toured the Warner Bros. Studio, and I think that was my favourite part.  I’ll be sharing pictures and telling you why I loved it so much over the next little while.

And we did see celebrities! I don’t have any pictures though; it’s actually harder than I thought.  You’re looking at a person going “do I know you? should I know you? are you really ‘so-and-so’?” It’s a lot of second-guessing yourself. Plus at ‘regular’ clothes, hats and sunglasses to the process.

Here’s who we did see:

  • Nick Lachey- he was getting into his car in front of our restaurant where we were eating lunch
  • Jane Fonda- driving her Porche on Rodeo Drive
  • Jenny McCarthy- we pulled up beside her at a red light
  • Doug Savant-he plays Tom Scavo on Desperate Housewives, we saw him at the Dodger’s game with his two kids
  • David Lascher- he played Vinnie on Blossom, as well was being on Sabrina the Teenage Witch. We saw him shopping at The Grove

I also think I saw Christina Aguilera at the Dodgers game, but it could’ve been someone that just really resembled her.

I was looking at my pictures (I will be sharing and bringing back Foto Friday) and all my ticket stubs, parking passes and other souvenirs and realized that I should, gasp, make a scrapbook.  I haven’t scrapped in a while, and I even donated a perfectly good scrapbook album back in the spring when I renovated my office.

I’ve been envying all the modern scrapbooks and layouts I’ve seen since I started blogging about my cards and I’m just amazed, so I figured I’d try it out myself.  I bought a new album and paper yesterday, and my prints are being developed as we speak. 

I’m excited to get back to the stamping table, and have a few ideas floating around in my head, as well as my new scrapbook adventure.

AND! this week is the release of Stamp Insanity stamps over at Stamp Happens! and you sure don’t want to miss that!

There’s a lot going on this week, so get ready!

Today I’m going to Toronto to enjoy another concert- The Killers at the Molson Amphitheatre.  It’s also the Air Show today at the Canadian National Exhibition (a very big annual fair) so there will be lots to see.  Tomorrow I’ll be spending my holiday Monday at the stamping table; just the way I like it!

Here’s a picture of the Hollywood Sign, as seen from Hollywood Blvd.

DSC09164

Happy Sunday!

Ciao for now,

2 comments:

Sounds like you had a fantastic time Steph...So jealous! LA has always been on my list of places I want to visit...It would be so convenient to actually live in the country..but hey...What are ya going to do? I am looking forward to seeing all your shots.... Big week this week! Xx

Recent blog:=- TTSC # 10

Sounds like you had a fantastic time Steph...So jealous! LA has always been on my list of places I want to visit...It would be so convenient to actually live in the country..but hey...What are ya going to do? I am looking forward to seeing all your shots.... Big week this week! Xx

Recent blog:=- TTSC # 10

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog