Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Meet Frank! and let him guard your sweets

I was trying to think of alternatives to more Halloween cards, and thought if I could somehow make a sturdy tag…my vision would come to life (insert evil laugh here…muahahahahah).

Sorry ;)

A trip down the stationary aisle at the dollar store led me to these self laminating pockets, made for business cards.  A trip down the aisle of the craft supplies led me to a keychain ring…and so my tag was born!

Poor Frank, I had to cut off a bit of his feet, and then I punched a whole right through his head!

Oh well, it adds to the Halloween  theme.

I cut my black cardstock to fit within the pocket, and added some Bo Bunny Boo Crew Halloween Paper to create the background.

 

Frankenstein is from the Wildflower Kids premiere release of Ghoul Friends, available at Stamp Happens.  In the set you also get Rye as a vampire, and Violet dressed as a cat…how perfect will 3 of these little tags be!

I coloured Frank with my prismas and Baby Oil.

 

 

 

For the other side of the tag, I printed my sentiment on the computer and used the candy corn and the bat from the Ghoul Friends set to add to it.

 

This is for my Godson Ethan…so what if he’s only 7 months old, since it’s laminated, he can us this on his Halloween Bag for a long time!

I punched the whole and inserted the eyelet with my giant Crop-o-dile and then added the keychain and some ribbons to match the paper.

I also wanted to add that if you missed my video tutorial about how to tie bows with wire ribbon, scroll down or click HERE; I wanted to mention if you want a larger bow you’re going to

1) make the tails longer

2) make the loops bigger

and 3) add more loops.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Happy Tuesday!

Ciao for now,

 

 

 

6 comments:

Oh Steph, this turned out sooooo cuuuuute!!! I love Frank! The background paper is PERFECT!

Recent blog:=- Lil Franky

Oh Steph....He is soooo cute!! I LOVE this tag!! You have done such an amazing job with these stamps....Stunning work Sweetie!!

Recent blog:=- TTIC # 48- Bond Between Brothers...

How cool is this tag! Love it! You came up with a really great project!

Franky's were always my fave, until Twilight vamps came along ;)
He is sooo cute and sweet! I love your idea! Great coloring too!!!
TFS :*)
~ margie

Recent blog:=- Die Cuts R Us Tuesday Challenge 9

So cute Steph!!! What a fantastic idea and you really executed it well. I love how you colored little Franky and the way you put it all together. So nice! :D

Recent blog:=- New Wild Flower Kids on the Way!

What a cute little tag! What a great way to do a themed backpack tag for kiddos too ;o) Your coloring of him is super!

Recent blog:=- Sketch Girl 6 & Bombshell Hump Day Hop

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog