Friday, September 25, 2009

Oh the Insanity!

Today is the 2nd major release of Stamp Insanity, available exclusively at Stamp Happens

There are three sets being released today, Halloween Henry, Morgan’s Spell and Morgan’s Love.

All are fabulous and you can hop around to the DT Stampin Sistahs to get some inspiration before you fill up your shopping bag and get inky!

Here we go!

This project was created using the Halloween Henry set, which includes a main Henry image and lots of sentiments.  I decided to go a little non-traditional with this project and think back to my days of Trick-or-Treating.

I was inspired by my Dad. Yes, believe it or not ;)  See, he had a notorious habit of getting my sister and I to look away, and he’d lovingly steal food off of our plates.  It was just for fun, we certainly weren’t fighting over food at the dinner table. 

What holiday could be more fun to sneak some treats from the kids…Halloween of course!  My sister and I would come home from our rounds and separate all of our candy.  My Dad got the little packages of peanuts, my Mom got those caramel kisses candy (you know, the toffee like ones in the black and orange wrappers…the ones you love or hate!), and we, my sister and I, got the rest of our loot.

Since we had a Dad with a sweet tooth, and we were routinely told “if you don’t have your name on it…it’s fair game”…we learned pretty quickly to take inventory of our sweets. 

So when I received the Halloween Henry set and saw this sentiment, I knew exactly what I was going to create…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Halloween Inventory Cards!

I tried to think of the major categories of goodies and wrote them out ...with an “Everything Else” category at the bottom for good measure.

I stamped some bats from the set and added some Black Onyx glitter.

 

 

mmmmm Candy!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Materials: Stamp Insanity Halloween Henry set; Bo Bunny Boo Crew DP; Black and Green American Craft cardstock; MS Black Onyx glitter; Sharpie and a ruler

So now that you’re in the Halloween mood, hop along to the rest of the Stampin Sistahs to see what they’ve done with the new Stamp Insanity releases!

Senior Sistahs

Tonya ~ Beth ~ Julie ~ Jen 

DT Sistahs

Alyssa ~ Deb ~ Donna ~ Gayle ~ Jacquie ~ Leigh-Ann ~ Sarabeth 

Happy Friday!

Ciao for now,

16 comments:

This is AMAZING Steph!! WOW that paper is perfect for these lists! What a SUPER cute idea!!! I think my mom took my candy too, and I am certainly guilty of "sharing" my kids halloween candy! You have done an amazing job with these stamps!!

Recent blog:=- It is INSANITY!!!! Stamp Insanity Halloween Release Day!!

Very cute Steph!! I love this idea. And WOW your photography is fantastic! I love that you set up a whole shoot for this!

Recent blog:=- Morgan’s Spell and Friends with Flair!

Too cute! Love the story that goes along with it ;o) My dad used to tell us he had to try everything first and then say, "oh, you wouldn't like it!" lol
I love the little inventory lists - a great idea! A parent could even turn it into a fun little lesson on counting with the younger ones.

Recent blog:=- Yo, Witch!

Thanks Jac! Lol, I think every parent 'shares' the candy with the kids ;)

Recent blog:=- Oh the Insanity!

Thanks Jen- that means a lot coming from you! I used my new photo box I made with the microwave box. I used some old pillowcases to filter the openings. I'm still working on the number of lights to use, one OTT light, and two desk lamps with daytime bulbs in it, definitely makes a difference from before :)

Recent blog:=- Oh the Insanity!

Alyssa, counting was exactly what I had in mind~ so glad you thought of it too, now I know it makes sense! lol

Recent blog:=- Oh the Insanity!

That is freaking BRILLIANT! You KNOW every kid sorts out their haul after the deed is done! lol AMAZING work, Steph! *Seriously* fabulous!

Are you going to see KoL? SO jealous... I had to miss them here in DC this summer. MAJOR regrets there!

Recent blog:=- Another *Big* Day for SI Stamps!

OME Steph...These are just amazing and sooo fun!!! YOU my lovely talented and gorgeous friend ROCK!! I LOVE this!!! Xx

Recent blog:=- A Little Bit Of Flair...And A Bewitching Witch!

aww, thanks Beth!

I saw KoL last Saturday, I'll put some pics up, hopefully today, and I recorded Sex on Fire and Use Somebody.
They're show is incredible, by far one of the best concerts I've seen. Check them out when they come back, they're writing a new album right now

Recent blog:=- Oh the Insanity!

oh Donna, you're making me blush! thank you darling! xoxo

Recent blog:=- Oh the Insanity!

Very cool idea! My oldest daughter would love to have this list! I always sneek candy from the kids.

Recent blog:=- Say Hello to Halloween Henry!

aww, thanks Beth!

I saw KoL last Saturday, I'll put some pics up, hopefully today, and I recorded Sex on Fire and Use Somebody.
They're show is incredible, by far one of the best concerts I've seen. Check them out when they come back, they're writing a new album right now

Recent blog:=- Oh the Insanity!

Thanks Jac! Lol, I think every parent 'shares' the candy with the kids ;)

Recent blog:=- Oh the Insanity!

Too cute! Love the story that goes along with it ;o) My dad used to tell us he had to try everything first and then say, "oh, you wouldn't like it!" lol
I love the little inventory lists - a great idea! A parent could even turn it into a fun little lesson on counting with the younger ones.

Recent blog:=- Yo, Witch!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog