Monday, September 28, 2009

Video Tutorial: Wire Ribbon Bow

Ok, be nice- here’s my first video tutorial.

This came to be after I shared my Explosion box and there were some questions about how to tie the bow.

I use these bows for my Christmas wreaths and tree; Christmas presents; birthday presents and even made them for my friend’s wedding.

I learned how to make these bows while I was working in a Flower Shop when I was in University.

Here we go!

Here's a picture of the blue bow on a small jewellery box; the bow is a bit large for this box, but it's just an example.


First I tied the ribbon around the box and made a small knot, so that I have something to wrap the wire from my bow around:

 

 

Then I attached the bow by tying the wire ribbon around my knot.

 

 

 

 

Here's an orange bow on the same box, just taped on; again it's a bit too big but it was the only box I could find...it's just to give you an idea.

 


Try it and let me know how it goes! Feel free to email any questions to me: apaperbuffet@rogers.com


As I said, the hardest part is learning to hold the ribbon in your hand.

Still can't get it? Don't worry, I'll be adding some bows to my Etsy store over the next few weeks. They will be reasonably priced, will ship flat ('cuz you can fluff 'em when you get them) and will be incredible for your holiday gifts; you'll be able to impress all your family and friends...I won't tell if you don't.

As the hostess with the mostest would say, "it's a good thing" ;)

Happy Monday!

Ciao for now,

2 comments:

This was a great tutorial Steph! You make it look really easy. I nominate you to do more tutorials! :)

Recent blog:=- Lil Franky

You sure didn't sound or look like this was your first tutorial! Wow! Great job! Good luck selling your bows on Etsy, and can't wait for the next tutorial!!!

Recent blog:=- Thinking of You

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog