Thursday, October 1, 2009

Come have dinner with the Wild Flower Kids!

Yes, I know they’re stamps, but just give me a minute to explain.

Today marks the 2nd release of Wild Flower Kids Rubber Stamp company AND their 1st digital release of Violet and friends! Today’s release is all about autumn.  The leaves are changing, the temperature is dropping, and it’s time to give thanks.

I’ve invited the Wild Flower Kids to the table; well, really to help organize the seating arrangements.

That’s right folks- place cards!

The wonderful thing about digital stamps is that you can resize them for any project.  Rye is dressed in his Pilgrim best and measures 3.83” tall; he’s attached to a 3 1/4” wide by 2” high place card.  I used a tiny leaf stamp in the corner and distressed the edges with TH Tea Dye ink.

 

Rye is coloured with Prismas and baby oil, and since his outfit is basic black and white, I snazzed it up a bit by embossing his belt buckle, his shoes (and his hat buckle which you can’t see) with gold embossing powder.

 

 

 

Violet has also marked her place; I chose shades of pink for Violet’s dress and kept her apron and shirt white.

The same leaf stamp and distressing was used on her card; Violet is also about 3.8” tall.

 

 

Isn’t she cute? All nice and rosy!

 

 

 

 

 

 

And last but not least (there are more images in the set, I just chose the main 3 to work with for this project) is my personal favourite Bramble.

Bramble was so much fun to colour!  It was nice to make him bright and cheery.

 

 

 

Bramble is also coloured with Prismas and baby oil; I think I’m starting to get the hang of this colouring thing!

 

 

 

 

So now that you’ve gotten some inspiration, hop along to see the rest of the DT creations, then over to Stamp Happens to get your digi Wildflower Kids stamps and you can be creating in about…well, as fast as your little fingers can type you over there!

Senior Sistahs:

Tonya ~ Beth ~ Julie ~ Jen 

Stamp Sistahs:

Alyssa ~ Deb ~ Donna ~ Gayle ~ Jacquie ~ Leigh-Ann ~ Sarabeth 

Happy Thursday!

Ciao for now,

16 comments:

This is such a cute idea!! WHat a great way to showcase them, you have done a wonderful job!

Recent blog:=-

Oh Steph...These are just gorgeous...I LOVE all your ideas and the work you have put into these is just amazing!!! Jaw dropping, stunning work sweetie..Well done!! Xx

Recent blog:=- Some Autumn Splendor ...Where The Wild Flower Kids Are...

Awww, these are just so sweet and cute! We always try to make place-cards when we host Thanksgiving! and it is our turn again this year!
Thanks for the inspiation!!!
~ margie

Recent blog:=- Sassy Studio Designs Fall & Winter Release Part 1

Totally fantastic! WHat an awesome idea! I like making placecards too... these little folks are just perfect for that. Awesome projects!!!

**thump** what an incredibley awesome idea!!! i don't even know if i spelled that corrrectly-but I am just floored. you did a brilliant job and are soooo creative!!!

sarabeth

Steph! Holy cow!! this is a genius idea!! I just love it. WOW WOW WOW. You did a beautiful job coloring the Kids and I love the placecards... just perfection!

Recent blog:=- Autumn Splendor Release Day!

Great job! Too funny - great minds think alike! I was totally going to do this for my other than a card post. lol Now I'll have to think up something else ;P I don't think mine would have turned out quite as nice as yours though! Love 'em!! Especially Bramble - he's so bright and fun!

Recent blog:=- Wildflower Kids - Autumn Splendor

Oh my, what a brilliant idea Steph! I love your place cards! You've colored each of them so beautifully! Great job!!!

Recent blog:=- Sweet Fang... I mean Thang! Jk

Steph these are just amazing. How clever you are!!!
xxx

What a fabulous idea!! I love the placecards! How stinkin' cute!! You did an amazing job on this!!!

Oh my GOSH! This is genius - AWESOME idea, beautifully executed! :) Fantastic, Steph - seriously so!

Recent blog:=- Jen Got Digis!

I love this idea and plan on doing placecards this year. Great job!

Leigh Ann

What a fabulous idea!! I love the placecards! How stinkin' cute!! You did an amazing job on this!!!

Great job! Too funny - great minds think alike! I was totally going to do this for my other than a card post. lol Now I'll have to think up something else ;P I don't think mine would have turned out quite as nice as yours though! Love 'em!! Especially Bramble - he's so bright and fun!

Recent blog:=- Wildflower Kids - Autumn Splendor

Totally fantastic! WHat an awesome idea! I like making placecards too... these little folks are just perfect for that. Awesome projects!!!

Awww, these are just so sweet and cute! We always try to make place-cards when we host Thanksgiving! and it is our turn again this year!
Thanks for the inspiation!!!
~ margie

Recent blog:=- Sassy Studio Designs Fall & Winter Release Part 1

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog