Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Gobble Gobble!

Thankful3

 

Perhaps this is terrible timing, with the recent  H1N1 outbreak in turkeys…but what can you do?

I had a day off today to attend some appointments, and was looking forward to a day of stamping.  However, Fate had another plan for me today. 

I went to (finally!) reinstall my printer today, and as I plugged the USB cable in, my mouse and keyboard ceased to function. This happened last week, for 3 days, but I plugged in my work keyboard and a spare mouse.  A few days rest for the entire computer and they were back up and running.  Not the case today.  After muttering a few choice words in Italian,  I hopped in the car and bought a new keyboard and mouse.  I went wireless again, which goes against a lot of market research, but I’m hopelessly addicted to my Microsoft keyboard functions built into the keyboard…programmable favourite buttons, media player controls, one touch email… and a corded keyboard is hard to find these days!

So needless to say, the time I wanted to spend stamping, was spent finding, purchasing, and installing my new keyboard.   It’s a split keyboard, so the jury is still out on if I’ll be able to adapt or not.

wfkbadgeI did manage to get some stamping done and catch up on using the Wild Flower Kids Stamps Autumn Splendour digital release.

I just loved this little turkey so much, I printed him in two sizes on SU Very Vanilla Cardstock and coloured him with my prisma pencils and some Gamsol I got from Tonya at Stamp Happens (I love! that applicator bottle!)

Turkey1

I’m on the Kraft cardstock bandwagon again, and kept this card really simple.  I used my Score-Pal to make the frame, and then added my cut out image to the centre, some SU Chocolate Chip Taffeta ribbon,…eh voila!

I actually printed two turkey’s Turkey3the same size and cut out the body, and popped it up on dimensionals, here’s a close up:

 

 

 

 

For my second card, I used a favourite layout…I think it may have come from the Clean and Simple blog, but I’m really not sure.  I will be using this layout again and again!

Thankful2

Thankful3This little turkey is printed out a bit smaller than my card #1, but I used the same colours and the same effect; cutting out the body on a second image and popping up on dimensionals.  The sentiment is also from the Autumn Splendour set, and perfect for Thanksgiving, but can be used for every day life too!

I apologize if the pictures are a bit dark…I’ve misplaced all the registration info for PS Elements and can’t find the Serial Number…so I’m stuck using Picassa until I figure out a backup plan.

Happy Tuesday!

Ciao for now,

 

9 comments:

So sorry to hear about your computer problems! How frustrating! Especially when it gets in the way of scrapping ;)
Your cards are all so cute! I love my Kraft CS too! I just ordered more and didn't even bother ordering white, lol!
Hope your pc behaves from now on ;)
TFS :*) margie

Recent blog:=- Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge 51 ~ Edward Cullen

What a cute card! I love that embossed border you made - CLEVER!!

Happy thoughts for a quick resolution to the pc probs - I SO feel your pain!! (Are you kidding about the H1N1 in turkeys?!) Eek!

hehe, i hope the PC behaves from now on too!
no white paper? oh, I'm not sure i'm THAT in love with kraft paper! Lol

Recent blog:=- Gobble Gobble!

thanks Beth :)
and no, totally not kidding with the Turkey H1N1 outbreak...it was on the news last night. They're hoping it doesn't effect Turkey farmers like it did swine flu. You can't catch it from eating the turkey, so hopefully ppl don't freak out for no reason again

Recent blog:=- Gobble Gobble!

These are amazing! Such detailed work! Love them both!

So cute Steph! I love the pop out on the Turkey! What a great idea!!! And I love how you colored him. I love these clean and simple cards you make. They are just gorgeous. :D

Recent blog:=- Happy Birthday Mom!!

Computer problems suck! So sorry you've been having them.

Love your turkey cards! Very cute!

Leigh Ann

Recent blog:=- Twilight Bookmarks

Computer problems suck! So sorry you've been having them.

Love your turkey cards! Very cute!

Leigh Ann

Recent blog:=- Twilight Bookmarks

What a cute card! I love that embossed border you made - CLEVER!!

Happy thoughts for a quick resolution to the pc probs - I SO feel your pain!! (Are you kidding about the H1N1 in turkeys?!) Eek!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog