Thursday, December 10, 2009

Birthday Changito for Ethan

A welcomed break from Christmas cards, I set out to make the invitations for my Godson Ethan’s first birthday party in January.

I can’t believe he’s turning one already! DSC08796“yeah, that’s right, I’m gonna be one!”

This is a picture of him from this summer when he came to my house to have his first time in a pool.

He’s quite the little aqua man now, he loves his swimming lessons.

Ethan’s room is blue and brown, with monkeys, so we kept that theme for his invites.  I knew exactly where to go for the perfect stamp, to the Stampendous Changito line.

I gave Ethan’s mom and dad a few ideas and they picked the Birthday cake stamp, which I think is just perfect!

I wanted a soft vintage feel, because the image itself reminds me of the older cartoons with simple drawings.

ethan2

I used Bazzil cardstock in Dark Chocolate, Yellow and Salt with some SU Old Olive and I used Very Vanilla instead of a bright white. May Arts celery ribbon was used for the sides.  The DP is…Bo Bunny! you guessed it!! ;)

The layout was loosely CASED from THIS card over at Christine’s Creations…thank you!

I used the nesties to cut out the image, and printed the sentiment on the computer and cut out again with the smaller nestibilities label. 

I watercoloured the image because I really liked the look of it, and used SU Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue and Old Olive. I used a Martha Stewart Brick marker for the berry and baby monkey’s tongue.

ethan3I distressed all the edges with Chocolate chip ink and I’m very pleased with how it turned out!

Now to finish the rest of them, and maybe start my Christmas cards…I know! Pathetic isn’t it?  A card maker who’s been so busy with other people’s orders that I haven’t even made my own Christmas cards yet!

I have another project to finish tonight for the girls at the salon that sells my cards.  I’ve never made it before, but I promise to post it, good or bad! lol

Happy Thursday!

Ciao for now,

5 comments:

What a sweet little baby! don't you just love that soft skin! Love your cute Changito card for his 1st b'day invites!

What a sweet card for such a sweet looking little one!!

Love the cards! Couldn't have asked for anything better, Steph! Thanks again!!! Can't wait for your big news ;)

Recent blog:=- No…..

OMG! What a CUTIE! :D And the card is fantastic, too... LOL

I was looking for information cheap airline tickets com airfare and I found your blog. You really have a good informative blog on this topic. I will be back here again.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog