Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I love a good ribbon smooshing

A friend asked for a wedding card, and said she didn’t care what it looked like, “just make it pretty”.  And pretty it was!

I used SU white cardstock for the base and layered SU Chocolate Chip on top.

The DP is SEI Chocolate Mint; it came out at Christmas but it has this gorgeous pattern embossed on it which is hard to capture with the camera.

 

 

This angle highlights the embossing on the DP.

 

I used Jac’s ribbon smooshing technique with some satin chocolate ribbon from Michaels and made a small bow to match.

 

 

It’s a bit hard to see in the picture, but the ribbon is a really luxurious chocolate colour.  I stamped the main image in Versamark, then in SU Chocolate Chip ink and heat embossed for extra sparkle.  I added a tiny pearl to the bride’s hair, to compliment the three pearls in the bottom left corner.

 

On the inside, I kept the SU Chocolate Chip paper as the matting and stamped “to have and to hold” inside the frame, also stamped.  I just love this SU “To Have and to Hold” stamp set!

 

 

 

I stamped the flower flourish in Chocolate Chip ink as well, and added two small pearls to the flowers to match the front.

 

Happy Tuesday!

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog