Thursday, February 4, 2010

Why am I covered in Feathers?

Quite possibly the best line in Breaking Dawn, my favourite book in the Twilight series.  Ok, so maybe not the best line in the book, but a memorable one at least.  I have this scene in my head and I’m just really hoping that they get it right in the movie.

I finally inked up the Artful Inkables set I won on the TwilightTuesday.com site months and months ago and created a new Twilight Inspired bookmark.

I struggled with the design a bit because I wanted to keep in line with the other bookmarks in my Etsy store but be unique in it’s own right.  It was tough-- there’s really only so many layouts you can have on a bookmark!

I used black and grey instead of black and red and I like the effect.

Lots of sparkle ;)

 

 

Here’s a close up of the sentiment:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I used a black Sharpie to draw the feather.  Yes, I said draw! I was so happy I could actually draw a feather!  I used my Spica glitter pen overtop, but it’s a little hard to capture in the picture.

The background was heat embossed with sparkle embossing powder; the stamp is also part of this Artful Inkables “Fictionally Inspired” stamp set.

This store, along with the other Twilight-inspired Bookmarks are available in my Etsy store.

I’ve got some different things coming up over the next few days for the blog; I’ve always wanted to create a treasury, but can never get in, so I’m going to do my own version.

I’ll also be sharing some very touching feedback I got from a customer and featuring her wonderful Etsy shop next week.

Ciao for now!

Ciao for now,

4 comments:

These are awesome Steph. I love love love the black and silver for this. Gorgeous!

Love all that sparkle! Your feather is perfect!!

Beautiful bookmark! I am majorly impressed with your feather!:)

These are awesome Steph. I love love love the black and silver for this. Gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog