Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mojo came home!

 

Turns out, I just needed a little Bo Bunny to lure Mojo back!

 

 

I had a request to make some neutral baby cards for a friend and this Bo Bunny paper was just the thing  to get my creative juices flowing again.

Using Bo Bunny Flutter Butter Honey, Flutter Butter Willow and Flutter Butter Breeze, and my favourite combination of SU Old Olive, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla, these baby cards came out perfectly!

I saw this layout on a blog (which has totally gone missing from my bookmarks) as a way of using up scrap paper.  I was instantly inspired and really love how this one turned out.  I will absolutely be using this sketch again.  The original sketch used four different patterns, but I like the look of three.

 

 

I had to laugh at myself; I hate putting panels on cards (I never measure when I’m making a card). I typically ignore those sketches and pick something else. So for my first card in nearly a month to be one with panels, is really quite shocking.  

 

 

In case you’re wondering, I did measure for this one; the Old Olive mat is approx 4” wide; each panel of DP is 1 1/4” wide. I used my MS border punch and finished the card with some Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon. On the inside is a piece of the Green DP layered on Very Vanilla, with the bottom border punched to match the front of the card.

“Hello little baby” sentiment is from the SU Sweet Little Sentiments set.

The next card, I used  the same paper, but a much different layout and stamp set.

Instead of using a horizontal piece of paper, I used SU Old Olive 1 1/4” Grosgrain striped ribbon.  I love this ribbon, but find it hard to use on a card and keep it flat enough to mail in a regular envelope, so this was a good compromise. 

I layered some more Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon.  I love this stamp, it’s from the SU Big on Spring set; I paper pieced the onesie and added some MS Turquoise glitter. 

Three turquoise rhinestones balance the bottom corner and bring out the turquoise in the DP.

I kept the inside simple again, but matching the front; using the same DP I used to paper piece the onesie, layered on Very Vanilla and Old Olive.

 

 

 

 

I’m glad to have my Mojo again; especially since my mom has requested a special Birthday Box and half a dozen Easter cards!

Happy Sunday!

Ciao for now,

8 comments:

Congratulations on getting your Mojo back!!! You did a gorgeous job on these!! OH MY! I love that paper. And you did an amazing job on these!

Hurray for getting your Mojo back! These are really sweet baby cards!:)

Yay for mojo! It's def back!! The panel card has given me a great idea for a request that I got for quick and inexpensive invites - thanks! I love the paper pieced onsie card - it's just adorable both inside and out!

These cards are gorgeous!! love them!

I absolutely LOVE these cards Steph... they're super fantastic!!!!

These cards are gorgeous!! love them!

Hurray for getting your Mojo back! These are really sweet baby cards!:)

Congratulations on getting your Mojo back!!! You did a gorgeous job on these!! OH MY! I love that paper. And you did an amazing job on these!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog