Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Birthdays and Buttons

I’ve always admired so many of the cards out there that use buttons as embellishments; yet its something I typically forget to use.  I took out my little stash determined to use them on some birthday cards.

A birthday card for my uncle; card base is SU Night of Navy with Old Olive and some Bordering blue.  I had this paper in my stash (this layout is great for using up scraps of DP); and used my go-to birthday stamp set “Birthday Whimsy” by Stampin’ UP.

 

 

 

 

I like what the button adds to this one, but still keeps it simple, and easily mailed.

 

 

Here’s a birthday card for my aunt (my aunt and uncle are only 1 day apart).  There’s a lovely stamp company that has stamps which are meant to have buttons used with them, but unfortunately, the shipping to Canada is ridiculous, so they’re not on my shopping list.  I found this little stamp in my stash and realized I could use the same effect.

Card Base is a retired colour from SU that I cannot remember, with Real Red.  This is a Clean and Simple sketch (FTL86) and is quickly becoming a favourite of mine.  Sentiment is SU, buttons are Basic Grey.

 

 

Happy Tuesday!

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog