Saturday, June 26, 2010

Ketchup

Hello strangers!

This is my sad attempt at catching up for neglecting my little piece of the blog-universe.  Work has been crazy, what with staff summer vacations, the G20 summit in Toronto and general all around craziness that is working in health care/insurance. 

I started my learn to row session here at the local rowing club, and am really enjoying it.  It’s a pricey sport, so I haven’t decided if I’m going to continue…and you typically sign up with a group that way you can go out in a 4-person boat, so it depends on when they would want to row, and…of course…work.

In my somewhat spare time, I’ve been addicted to watching the World Cup soccer games.  I played soccer for 8 years when I was a kid, and forgot how much I loved it.  I think next summer I’ll sign up for a rec league.  I was cheering for Italy, but they *cough* were eliminated *wipes tears*.   So I need to pick a new team to cheer for now.

Needless to say, I haven’t had much time to play with paper…and when I do, after the cutting and gluing and rhinestone adding; photography, editing and listing; twittering and facebooking…I really didn’t feel like blogging.

So here’s some things that I’ve made in the past little while:

I simply adore these colours! DP is Basic Grey (sorry, I must’ve thrown out the name of the paper); card base is SU Very Vanilla.  The stamp is from my stash, and is stamped in SU Old Olive.  Ribbon is SU So Saffron, and some paper flowers and a rhinestone brad.  I distressed all the edges and used some TH Frayed Burlap distressing ink.

A simple batch of mini note cards- they measure 3x3 and I used up the last of some awesome paper. I really love these colours together! Card base is Bazzil Truffle, I believe. It’s much more rich than SU Chocolate Chip…if paper can be rich.

I used some of my favourite Japanese handmade paper for this bridal shower card.  I’ve played a bit with this layout, as you can see from the birthday card above; it’s definitely a keeper!  Stamp set is SU Bloom with Happiness.

I’ve got a few custom orders to work on, some birthday cards and another project I hope to share with you soon, AND there’s a soccer game on this afternoon….so I better get moving!

Happy Saturday!

Ciao for now,

ps- all of the cards mentioned are available in my Etsy store!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog