Monday, June 14, 2010

Texting

And not the cell phone kind…although I am a fan of that too.

I’ve always been envious of the effect that text, whether it be a stamp or a page ripped out of a book can add to a card.  I didn’t really think I could adapt it easily into my ‘style’ (which seems to change daily), but I guess it’s all about finding the right text.

I spotted this text-paper at my LSS and loved it immediately. Coincidently, all the text is about love, and I was due to make some wedding cards for the summer.  With a few coordinating pink papers and ribbons, I’m very happy with how the cards turned out.

Here’s the first one I have to share:

Isn’t that paper great?? the entire 12x12 is set up like a dictionary of various words and their meanings, with sayings in between some of the verses.

“Multiply it by infinity. Take it to the depths of forever and you’ll still only have a glimpse of how much I love you”

*swoon*

 

 

 

I used the SU stamp set “To Have and to Hold”, which is my go-to set for wedding cards, I just love it!  The main image of the bride and groom is larger, but I liked the way the small circle looked and the text was highlighted instead of the image.  All the paper is double sided, so the punched flowers show the reverse sides of the DP.  Some satin SU Pretty in Pink ribbon, rhinestones and some pink colouring on the bride’s flowers and it all came together quite nicely!

You can find this card at A Paper Buffet, it’s perfect for the summer wedding season!

Tomorrow I’ll share another card featuring the same paper, with some slight variations.

Happy Monday!

Ciao for now,

2 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog