Friday, July 23, 2010

Sometimes I forget…

…that I actually have to mail a card and keep adding and adding and adding…

Such is the case with my sister’s birthday card from a few weeks ago.

I used my all-time favourite colour combination of SU Chocolate Chip and Old Olive.  I seriously can’t get enough of this combo.  I might need a support group to get over it. Really.

I grabbed the great Bo Bunny paper, my favourite Birthday stamp set (SU Birthday Whimsy) and set to work.

 

This card was heavy! Many layers of cardstock, plus knotted ribbon, paper flowers on the inside AND out with rhinestone brads…I wasn’t sure if it would fit through the slot of doom!

FYI- for my non-Canadian friends, our postal system has a height restriction of on our letter mail.  The envelope must be under 5mm high and under 30 grams for it to be sent with one stamp. Our next slot of doom for oversized envelopes is 20mm, just shy of 1” high…if it’s higher than that, we have to call it a parcel and the prices jump astronomically!!! There’s tons of threads mentioning it on Etsy if you’re so inclined to do a search…so when a Canadian seller quotes a  shipping price for flat items…please be understanding!

Good news- after a few nervous days of me watching my mailbox for a returned card demanding more postage…my sister let me know her card arrived safe and sound (it did measure EXACTLY 30 grams).

I’m actually taking my sister to see Sting tonight as her birthday gift; our mom is joining us, then mom and I and a few of my friends are going to see Lilith Fair tomorrow.

I’ll have a timed post for the SUnday Case Challenge #2, but there’s still time to join in on Challenge #1!

Happy Friday!

Ciao for now,

1 comments:

That card is gorgeous!!! Great work!
Thanx for the bit about shipping and Canada Post..it is good to have that info out there. CP is so difficult.

Can't wait to see what you make next! Lisa :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog