Sunday, July 18, 2010

SUnday Case Challenge #1

Welcome to the first SUnday Case Challenge!

As I mentioned yesterday, sometimes it’s hard to create new layouts for a card, so this challenge will hopefully help you along.

Each week I’ll choose one card/project from the new SU 2010-2011 Catalogue for us to CASE. Each CASE must change at least 1 element from the original- use different colours, a different stamp set…well, you get the idea!

Come back here and link your project so we can all see how many variations of one design we can get. I can’t promise a prize each week, but I’m sure we can have some prizes along the way.

So here is our first CASE project.

Heartcard

This heart card is on page 2 of the new catty, on the introduction page of the IN-colour collection.

It caught my eye immediately. I believe it uses the stamp set I {heart} hearts, which I have (and love), but I decided to do something a little different.

I needed a card for my recently-engaged friends Michelle and Steve, and thought this card would be perfect to CASE for them.

DSC04252

I decided to use my MS heart punch and some designer paper instead of the stamps. Truth be told, cutting out the hearts by hand intimidated me, so I went with the punch.







I eliminated one layer on the original card by piercing the SU Kraft card base and using a white gel pen for stitching. I haven’t used this effect in a long time and I forgot how much I loved it! To balance the bottom, I used a small stamp from the You and Moi set (I think it’s retired)- isn’t it cute! A tiny adhesive pearl just adds the perfect little touch.

DSC04246

Sometimes I forget how much I love ‘simple’ cards. This one works with minimal embellishments. DSC04244

I’m very happy with how this turned out, and Michelle loved it too!

So now it’s your turn; CASE the original card from the SU catalogue and come back and link it here to your gallery or your blog. I’m using a new link widget, so right now I *think* the link will be closed Sunday, July 25th @ 9am.

I’ll pick one card and post it with the next challenge.

Go and get CASE-ing!

Happy Sunday!

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog