Saturday, February 26, 2011

Chocolate Mint {FTL 129}

I’ve been a little obsessed  drawn to the colours brown, teal and ivory lately.  Most of it has to do with this gorgeous My Mind’s Eye: Fine and Dandy paper I picked up last week.  Another order of birthday cards came in, 2 feminine and 4 masculine.  I did what I do best…the girly cards first! I used the Clean and Simple Fall to Layout 129; I guess I didn’t really stick to the “simple” part because I kept adding layers, but this paper is so beautiful I had to use as much of it as I could.

 

Both cards use Chocolate Chip as the base, and a Baja Breeze as a mat.  The sentiments are stamped on Very Vanilla, cut with rectangular Nestibilities.

I wanted to make each card slightly different, so I used Paper Source Pool satin ribbon over top of My Mind’s Eye Fine and Dandy paper. The border is punched with my favourite MS scalloped edge punch.  The ivory flowers were part of a gift from a stamping friend, and I put some adhesive rhinestones in the centres.  The light caught them with a blue tint for the picture, but they are clear rhinestones.

 

The second card used the same main paper, same border, but a different pattern strip down the centre.  I used some satin Chocolate brown ribbon and tied a flat bow instead of a traditional bow.  The flat bows are great for cards that are going to be mailed, no extra knots to increase the height of the card in the envelope.

Funny how one rhinestone caught blue light, and the other is clear!

 

Both sentiments are from SU On Your Birthday; a new set I just got last week, but have used on so many cards already…and are going to be used on the masculine cards in a pretty interesting way, so stay tuned!

Happy Saturday!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog