Saturday, February 12, 2011

Green and Grey and oh so sweet

Last week I received a call from a local customer (I highly recommend registering your business with Google places) who needed a Congratulations card for a best friend who is expecting her first baby.  My customer told me her friend’s favourite colour is green, and she loves trees.  They don’t know if the baby is a boy or a girl, and I had free reign to make this card as heavy and bulky as I wanted because it was being shipped Fed-Ex.

As soon as my customer mentioned trees, I thought of one of my favourite Inkadinkadoo stamps, with three small birds in a tree.  I thought it fit perfectly because the three little birds are a little family.  I used markers to ink up the tree and the birds, added a layer with my Spica glitter pen (it’s hard to capture in the picture), then coloured the leaves with two shades of green marker.  I used a blender pen to pull in some of the brown colour from the outline of the tree; I didn’t want to colour it completely. You can click on the picture to see it close up.

I used the MojoMonday 176 sketch for the layout and made the card 5.5” by 5.5”.

I love these little ivory flowers, they were a Christmas gift from a fellow stamping friend, and they worked great with the BoBunny paper I used.  A simple “Congratulations” was stamped in grey ink and added some balance to the bottom corner.  Of course, I had to add rhinestones, but I think it pulls it together quite well.

I love being able to do custom work, and my customer was very happy with the results!

Happy Saturday!

Ciao for now,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog