Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My new found love for Crumb Cake.

No, not the dessert, although I do enjoy a good coffee cake. A few months ago, Stampin’ Up (SU)introduced new colours to the line, replacing some of the standards. One of my favourite card bases is Kraft, just like the brown Kraft paper. It coordinates with so many other colours, and is great for both masculine and feminine cards. Wouldn’t you know, they replaced Kraft with Crumb Cake. They also introduced matching ink and, I believe, a marker for the Crumb Cake colour.

I know what you’re thinking…Steph, it looks the same. So if it looks the same, why did they change it!?!? And it’s not the same. I went on a protest. I wanted nothing to do with Crumb Cake, but ran out of Kraft paper and couldn’t find a reasonable, heavy weight substitute. So I ordered a pack of Crumb Cake, and the matching ink and pouted.

I’m sorry Stampin’ Up for ever doubting you. I love this colour, and the ink…well, it’s the perfect shade to use for distressing.

I made a giant lot of Birthday cards this weekend, and quite a few of them feature, you guessed it…Crumb Cake.

Look how great these distressed edges look! Crumb Cake. Who knew?!

I went a little crazy and distressed every single edge on all the layers on this card, but I’m really happy with how it turned out.

I’m also really loving this paper by My Mind’s eye. I have trouble making cards for little kids, I don’t have many children’s stamps so this paper is perfect.


This card uses my new birthday sentiment set “On your birthday”, also by SU and has some really cute sayings. I love how you can write the age in the brackets on this one.

I love this layout, I think it’s from Mojo Monday around Christmas time, you can find a link to Mojo Monday in my Inspiration header at the top of the page.



I’m playing around with different ways to photograph the cards, there’s only so many angles you can do, KWIM? I really like this angle, what do you think?

Happy Tuesday!

{ps- did you notice things look very different around here? what do you think of the new look?, I’d love some feedback!}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog