Sunday, March 13, 2011

Custom Thank you Cards using FTL 130

I had a custom card order for some neutral thank you cards, and immediately I knew I wanted to make them with Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla paper (all SU). I love this combo together, and thought it would be a great opportunity to use my new Bliss stamp set. 

 

I find simple cards difficult to make, but when I need one I always go to the Clean and Simple blog, they’ve got great layouts {although I usually cheat and add a few more layers…shhhh}. I used the FTL130 layout for these cards, and I’m happy with how they turned out. 

 

It was a happy accident that  I picked the damask stamp from the Bliss set to create the background, nearly identical to that of the sketch.  I moved the button and sentiment over to the left side. 

 

 

I distressed each edge of the papers; it's time consuming, but the effort is worth it.  I was at my LSS a few weeks ago, and they were having a crop class.  I kept hearing this obnoxious loud noise and wondered what was going on.  It was an automatic distressing machine, you just swipe the paper through it.  I love the distressed look, but I think I’ll stick with doing it by hand, that machine is loud!

I used embroidering floss and a clear button- I prefer using the floss because I can get it in nearly any colour, and it’s thicker than string.

I used a Nestibilities label cut in half for the sentiment; I like this look and have used it in a few other layouts, it’s a nice little addition, don’t you think?

I have a feeling FTL130 will be one of my go-to layouts, it’s great for using up pieces of designer paper, or for stamping your own like I did.

Happy Sunday!

1 comments:

Thanks, I liked this !

The fashion and makeover, dressup.. those never gets boring !
lol

xoxo

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog