Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Blue Daisy Chiyogami

Part of my ‘For Japan’ line, this blank greeting card features some blue and black Chiyogami paper I picked up years ago in Vancouver.  I came across this layout while blog hopping…but I seem to have misplaced the link.  I really liked the simple layout; the original card used a stamped pattern for the vertical column but I wanted to use the paper as much as possible.

 

I created a mat of blue and black cardstock for the vertical panel.  Following the CASED card, I used my Score-Pal to score two lines, and placed some black satin ribbon in between.

 

I found this silhouette stamp in my stash- one I had completely forgotten about, but I think it works really well.  I used black embossing powder a heat gun to set the powder.

 

I love the clean lines of this card, and how the black and blue really stand out. 

I think this layout is great for showcasing some really gorgeous paper, like the Chiyogami paper.  This card is available at A PaperBuffet.com and the A Paper Buffet Etsy store.  

Happy Wednesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog