Friday, April 15, 2011

Celebrate in Style!

A recent custom order was for a special birthday card.  The recipient will be celebrating a milestone birthday, and my customer wanted this to be a special card.  Knowing the recipient’s favourite colours were orange and teal, I went hunting for some DP.  This is the card that started my obsession with the My Mind’s Eye Fine and Dandy paper, I just kept forgetting to post it and show you.

The layout is from MojoMonday (177 to be specific) and I really love how it turned out.  I completed this card far too late to include in the contest, but that’s the great thing about blog archives and sketches- they’re timeless!

  The card base is SU So Saffron, and it’s just the perfect yellow tone.  It’s quickly becoming my favourite colour and works really well with the My Mind’s Eye paper.  I also used SU Pumpkin Pie for each layer.  The dress image is from Gina K, and one of my favourites for a really ‘girly’ card.  I paper pieced the dress with some more My Mind’s Eye paper, but stamped a flourish in the background before I added the dress.  I found some perfect satin ribbon in my stash and embellished the dress.  Of course I also had to add some rhinestones…a girly card is not complete without rhinestones!

 

I printed off the “40” on the computer; my original idea was to use small adhesive rhinestones and make the “40” really standout…but I couldn’t find small enough rhinestones to actually make it work.  So I turned to glitter, naturally! 

 

 

 

 

  The final touch to the card was actually the envelope; I lined it with yet some more of the My Mind’s Eye paper.  This was the customer’s favourite part and has ordered a few more cards, requesting the envelopes be lined with DP.  It’s not something I had done many times before, but I do really like how it ties everything together. 

Happy Friday!

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Wow!!! I love this colour combination too! Your paper piecing is perfect and the dp's are gorgeous! Well done!

Thanks so much Sheree- I'll be sad when I run out of this paper! :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog