Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mojo to the rescue!

When I need a layout, I often go to the Mojo Monday archives for some inspiration.  I needed a layout for a custom 50th birthday card and I wanted to keep the paper as the main focal point of the card.  I only needed a small section for the sentiment, and maybe to put the “50” on the front of the card.  A quick look at the archives and #136 was the one I wanted to use.

 The only request from the customer (aside from the personalized messages) was to make the card bright.  So naturally, I reached for more of My Mind’s Eye Fine and Dandy paper ( I will be very sad when I run out).  The card base is Crumb Cake, and layered Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron.  I distressed the edges with Crumb Cake ink.  Once again, I printed the “50” on the computer and then used some Martha Stewart glitter in Copper to make it stand out.  A quick spray with the acrylic sealer ensures the glitter will stay on the card and not shake off. 

I recently purchased some wide So Saffron grosgrain ribbon from the clearance rack at SU.com; while the ribbon is sometimes hard to make bows with, it worked great for this card. I adhered the straight piece around the card first, then cut a smaller second piece of ribbon, sewed it in the middle, then added the Basic Grey orange button.  I like the quasi-bow look.

I used my favourite Martha Stewart scallop border punch for where the sentiment was going to be placed.  I printed the sentiment on the computer, then cut it out with a nestibilities label die.  An ivory flower from my stash, and some adhesive rhinestones and it finished the card quite well.  I lined the envelope to complete the look.  The finished card measures 5.5” square.  I’ve made sure I have a good stock of 6” square envelopes because I’ve really liked making the larger, square cards. 

 

Happy Wednesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog