Tuesday, June 14, 2011

GLEE Live 2011!

Saturday night was a great night! A very dear friend and I saw Glee Live 2011 in Toronto at the Air Canada Centre. As a die-hard music/pop-culture fan, a musical TV show is pretty much the greatest thing ever. And a live show about said musical-tv show…even better! My name is Stephanie, and I’m a Gleek!

The opening act was LXD- The League of Extraordinary Dancers. I’d been eagerly awaiting this act. The show was aired online in the US. As a Canadian, I can’t watch it on US websites. Our Canadian music channel just started airing the episodes, they are fantastic! For those who have followed So You Think You Can Dance from the beginning will recognize this guy… it’s Twitch! Twitch I tried to capture some action shots, but those guys move so fast, they were hard to capture. LXD was a great start to the concert.

Next the Cheerio Cheerleaders passed out barf bags in true Sue Sylvester style. We were way up in the 300 section, but very close to the stage (more on that later), so we didn’t get any, but it was a pretty funny bit.

Finally, the cast of Glee arrived on stage and wowed us for about an hour and a half. The show was really high energy, and so much fun! There was an appearance by the Warblers, and they totally rocked it!

I was surprised and irked to see empty seats when the show was sold out! {and far too many to be from people not being able to make it at the last minute}. I had tried to get pre-sale tickets, but we weren’t getting a good section. When the sale went public, our tickets ended up in section 300 {have I mentioned how much I love my Sony HX1 with 20x zoom?}. This always bothers me about concerts…I would’ve gladly paid more money to sit in the lower bowl, but I wasn’t given the chance.

I was a bit worried that being up so high we’d be removed from the energy. I will gladly admit I was wrong. The show is so well put together, and the cast is so incredibly talented…it didn’t matter where you sat, it was a great experience. There were two stages set up, and they split up the performances well between the two.

I would absolutely recommend seeing the show, although the tour is winding down. This was the first time on the tour that they came to Canada, and had 4 shows in Toronto. I’m hoping, if they tour next year, they’ll return to Toronto. And I’ll get closer seats! Winking smile

I’ve posted a handful of pictures…I don’t think you want to see all 128 of them. Enjoy! {I’m also going to try to upload some of the videos I took to Flickr; I’ll post a link if it works}

Chris Colfer (Kurt)

Amber Riley (Mercedes) on the back stage

Heather Morris (Britney)- who was dancing in every single number. The energy and talent this girl has is phenomenal!

If you watch the show, you’ll know these T-shirts mean they were singing Lady Ga-Ga’s “Born this Way”…such a great performance!

Cory Monteith (Finn)

Chord Overstreet (Sam)

Chris Colfer (Kurt); Jenna Ushkowitz (Tina); Amber Riley (Mercedes)

Lea Michelle (Rachel)- singing Katy Perry’s “Fireworks”

Dianna Agron (Quinn) and Chord Overstreet (Sam) singing “Lucky” by Jason Mraz

Kevin McHale (Artie) singing with Harry Shum (Mike) dancing to Michael Jackson’s “PYT-Pretty Young Thing”

Darren Criss (Blaine) and “The Warblers” sing “Raise Your Glass” by Pink

The finale- Queen’s “Somebody to Love”

Happy Tuesday to all my fellow Gleeks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog