Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wedded Bliss

My friend asked for some wedding cards for three upcoming weddings she has this fall.  She requested two of them be made in teal and chocolate brown, as those are the colours for two of the weddings {popular colour scheme}.  I got back to my roots and created an elegant, multiple layered card.  It was nice to go back to this design.  I did use a sketch, but I’ve been looking at so many, I can’t remember which one I used, sorry!

I used SU Early Espresso for the card base, and layered Crumb Cake and the patterned paper.  The brown heart pattern is Bo-Bunny, one of my favourites.  The teal is some two sided dp I found in my scrap and was the perfect size.  I stamped the image, SU To have and To hold, on Very Vanilla cardstock cut out with one of my nestibilities. 

I added a small pearl to the bride’s veil to match the pearls on the bottom of the main panel and inked the edges of the cardstock with Crumb Cake ink.  A small bow made from Early Espresso ribbon added to the left corner finishes off the card.

If you make your own cards, make sure you come back tomorrow for something that I think you will love!

Happy Wednesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog